3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Level lifts - What do you guys think

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Q-TIP
Having taken numerous courses and seminars put on by companies like Koni, Bilstein and Ohlins (I race my RX-8 and my motorcycle) I would never screw with the spring rate without finding a properly valved shock absorber, if only for reliability if not for handling and ride quality.
We take what we can get.
I'm still hoping one of those manufacturers will stop ignoring us, if a quality strut comes out that will work well for a 2/4 drop (from stock height) I'll be all over it. For now the TM kit stays in till I get new tires as these will rub if I go back to stock.

Nice RX-8 by the way.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:08 AM
sullysdetailing
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dodgetrucker75 how did you get the extra inch up front? So you have 3'' in the front now?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:50 AM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by sleds
That is the one that I am running. No problems so far.
Me too! No problems so far!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 12:35 PM
MrCrash
Veteran

I have the 2" version of the one linked in the first post. It seems to be of high quality, but the extra travel is driving me nuts. If I hit a bump while driving that causes the truck to lift into the air, there is a good chance my ball joints will make a loud clanking sound. Same thing if I take a speed bump too fast. It never did this before the lift, so I know it's something associated with the extra travel. Also, I found that my truck felt less planted at highway speeds with just the front leveling kit. I had to install 2" rear blocks to get it feeling normal again. Another thing I found was at full droop, my CV joints would completely lock up and not turn.

If I had to do it again, I would of gone for the Trailmaster kit. In fact, I plan on replacing the front struts ASAP, and replacing the existing lift with the TM kit. I don't feel like replacing the ball joints too soon because I beat the snot out of them just driving around the city.

Quick Reply: Level lifts - What do you guys think