3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Drilled some holes in my stock filter box this morning

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that is what I'm talking about. A man not affraid to take power tools to a truck to get performance, lol. One of my favorite mods was my R/T hood scoop and cutting the hole to make it functional, lol, happy times.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my to-do list is to remove the stove 3" elbow that feeds the box, bore it out to 4" and install a new 90degree elbow that goes through the fender and turns down. This should increase airflow, keep temps down and help with sound. You know, in my "spare time"

Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 PM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry...stock 3" not stove 3"

Old 11-30-2009, 09:13 AM
spshultz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been doing a lot of searching this weekend for true CAI's and what we might and might not be able to fit.

I was on Vararam's site and I'd bet that the Hemi Under Glass would "almost" fit our trucks. The only gotcha's that I can see so far are the engine oil dipstick position and the height of the H.U.G. with the hood shut. Oh, and that you'd have to make your own brackets. I don't think the Hemi engine is that much larger in physical size than the 4.7L is it? If it isn't then I don't see why this couldn't work without a little tweaking here and there.

And...if you removed our stock fan and fan shroud and installed an e-fan you could probably get Vararam's Tri-Power for Chevy's to fit. You'd then have to run a long pipe from the TB to the filter. http://vararam.com/tri-power/tri-power.html

And....if you had a functional hood scoop this might also fit: http://vararam.com/sdr.html

Quick Reply: Drilled some holes in my stock filter box this morning