3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

need help with e-bay purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:58 PM
whistle pig
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with e-bay purchase

I'm going to order 2 inch spacers for the front to level the truck out. I have never bought anything from E-bay and i'm a afraid of getting ripped off. Could anyone steer me in the right direction of a honest and reliable place to order my spacers? Theres a million different people selling them on there. Thanks

Old 01-29-2010, 11:13 PM
tristatehunter
Rookie

look at their feedback rating, its a good indicator..along with the amount of sales they have made... take this guy for example has a 100% positive feed back.. 2037 people gave feedback.. and only 1 was negative... odds are this cat would be a good guy to work with .. hope it helps

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...item33599b08ab

Old 01-29-2010, 11:54 PM
whistle pig
Rookie

Hey tristate, much thanks for the responce. I'll be sure to check the feedback. Most of the leveling kits are between 75 and a 100 bucks, so not a lot of money, but as a first time buyer i'm a little paranoid. Thanks again

Old 01-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Racinartist
All Star

And while you're looking at a sellers feedback, look at the detailed feedback from buyers to see what they have to say. Another thing to watch out for is their return policy. Some don't accept any returns, others charge a "restocking fee" etc. That's another thing you can gauge somewhat from detailed feedback to see what other buyers have experienced if they had issues with their order or had to return parts to the seller.

As always, caveat emptor.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:26 PM
MrCrash
Veteran

I bought my lift through that seller. The parts were very nice, but the instructions sucked. Also, I think I got the 2.5" lift labeled as the 2" lift. If I had to do it again I would go for the Trailmaster kit, but it's hard to beat for the price and ease of installation.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:37 PM
whistle pig
Rookie

Just ordered the 2" leveling kit! Pretty simple really. Cant wait to get this truck up in the air with some new tires. The wife always jokes about my truck saying, "are you sure this isnt a 2 wheel drive? "It looks like a low rider!" Thanks for everyones help.

Quick Reply: need help with e-bay purchase