3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:31 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
And to you Raptor7, I just got my Superchips Cortex, and Im pretty impressed.
I run the 91 Octane tune, and there is definetly more power with better shift points. I was a little disappointed that I still cant peel out going straight from a stop sign, but the rear end gets loose a lot easier on corners. Its kind of fun to fish tail around a dry corner without even having to floor it and watch peoples jaws drop that are near by. And for the shift points while just driving in the city, they seem to go a little high, but its not like I can keep my foot out of it anyways. But its very simplistic, and they have some cool features to play around with like the 1-2 and 2-3 WOT shift points, and also the rev limiter so you can do some tuning to your liking. Nothing for shift firmness yet though .... maybe soon. Good luck!
Have you updated yet, theres some other cool feattures as well The Data Logger, Idle adjust etc...

Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trucky, I have to get all my fun out now. When I get my exhaust installed, I have a feeling I will have to behave until Friday night comes around.

Lghtngblt02, I did update the tuner right away before putting it on my truck. I was really nervous about messing up my truck, so anything that instruction manual said, I did. I saw the links for all the features. I was going to do some data logging after I got out of night class in the parking lot to get my 0-60 time, but it said my vehical wasnt compatible. I think I have to download the data log program off the update page. I did mess around with my rev limiter, increased the top speed to 140, and changed the 1-2 shift point. Out of curiosity, what do you keep your setting on?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:03 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me know when you hit 140.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:18 PM
rengnath
Champion

Oh, I know. I havent had it about 105. Just in case.

I was suprised yesterday though .... I was opening it up and I was hitting 75+ in second gear.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
Trucky, I have to get all my fun out now. When I get my exhaust installed, I have a feeling I will have to behave until Friday night comes around.

Lghtngblt02, I did update the tuner right away before putting it on my truck. I was really nervous about messing up my truck, so anything that instruction manual said, I did. I saw the links for all the features. I was going to do some data logging after I got out of night class in the parking lot to get my 0-60 time, but it said my vehical wasnt compatible. I think I have to download the data log program off the update page. I did mess around with my rev limiter, increased the top speed to 140, and changed the 1-2 shift point. Out of curiosity, what do you keep your setting on?
I think I have the rev set at 6000 and the 1-2 and 2-3 set at 5800, the speed limiter at 130 IIRC.

Yea you have to dl the DAQ Package during update. Someday I need to go out and pull my 0-60 times...

Old 02-19-2010, 09:17 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spring is on its way gentlemen. Get out there and record times while the streets are dry and the air is cool~

Old 02-19-2010, 10:15 AM
rengnath
Champion

I was so depressed when it said the program wasnt there to data log with my truck. I just wanted to do a 0-60 time to get an idea of how fast it really is. It looks like Ill have a weekend project.
I wish I still had my radar detector ..... I sold it so I could get more stuff for the truck. And now I speed more with it gone.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 AM
canadiandodge
All Star

that is normal isnt it when you get rid of something you do more of that. you will have to download the data logging its really neat never really done a good time but hope to soon.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:58 AM
rengnath
Champion

Ah, I might get laughed at for my times, but I think they would be interesting to know. Its not like its a slow sports car, its a truck. They arent supposed to be fast. I just like to suprise people when they want to up their hyndai against it.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Raptor7
Rookie

with all the changes that the tuner does to the truck...are you guys having to get additional items to compensate for it. for instance rengnath, you said it increased your top speed to 140. did you have to buy a new gauge bezel for your truck? and did you also change your octane to a higher grade?

Quick Reply: tuner