3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 12:25 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just dont like the look of the aftermarket head unit either. Its just my opinion, I do understand the benifits of having more power coming from a better quality unit.

I had one in my old truck, and never had any known threats of a break in. I always took the head unit off though and put the radar detector away. Good thing no one ever broke in because I would have been more concerned about the $400 valentine one rather than a $100 head unit. And I dont want to replace a window either. But either way I would like to avoid doing a head unit if at all possible. Maybe a MyGig though ....

Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Moneyman19
how do you like that face plate? i got the one where the head unit is in the middle and been looking at that one for a while now.. coldnt complain though. I got my head unit off of ebay and the wire harness and faceplate came free alone with the wipod wire
It looked a little strange at first, but like anything, I got used to it. And now I have a spot to throw my phone into. I like the look of it now, and it with Ipod controls, Ipod charging, and a remote control, I'm soooo glad I got it.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another thing I like about the Pioneer it the pod you can get for the steering wheel. In the cubby, I have the USB cable and that is where I keep the ipod. Here is a over all view. control pod is at 4 oclock on the wheel

786-8678_IMG.jpg

Quick Reply: New speakers