3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

9.32?!? Really?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 01:59 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9.32?!? Really?!?

So today I finally took my truck out to play a little bit with data logging. First off, its an awesome feature to see real engine temps, rpms, timing advance %s, and so on. I did 2 runs quick as I was by my house so I didnt want the neighbors to get mad. My first run was a 0-40 and it timed at 5.01 .... My second run was a 0-60 and that timed at 9.32 .... neither runs were serious set ups or anything. Just taking off from a stop sign. The 0-60 I did spin tires slightly at the beginning. But 9.32!?!? SERIOUSLY!? Is that all I should expect from my truck? Thats slow!

What are your mildly modified trucks running? I do have the 3.55 gears, but I would hate to see what my truck did stock if the 9's is all I should expect from my setup. Opinions?

Old 03-03-2010, 02:08 PM
koorbloh
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no offense, but did you buy your truck thinking it was a performance truck or something?

it's almost as big and heavy as a full size truck with 2/3 the engine.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:19 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
So today I finally took my truck out to play a little bit with data logging. First off, its an awesome feature to see real engine temps, rpms, timing advance %s, and so on. I did 2 runs quick as I was by my house so I didnt want the neighbors to get mad. My first run was a 0-40 and it timed at 5.01 .... My second run was a 0-60 and that timed at 9.32 .... neither runs were serious set ups or anything. Just taking off from a stop sign. The 0-60 I did spin tires slightly at the beginning. But 9.32!?!? SERIOUSLY!? Is that all I should expect from my truck? Thats slow!

What are your mildly modified trucks running? I do have the 3.55 gears, but I would hate to see what my truck did stock if the 9's is all I should expect from my setup. Opinions?
9.32, seems definitely HIGH. I guess, I better get out there and get an offical 0-60 run...LOL Anyways if I remember right, most the guys were in the 7-8 sec ran, some lower. Theres no way the 3.55s are making that big of a difference

Originally Posted by koorbloh
no offense, but did you buy your truck thinking it was a performance truck or something?

it's almost as big and heavy as a full size truck with 2/3 the engine.
Its the same engine as the Ram, and we have a lighter truck by nearly a 1000lbs plus

Old 03-03-2010, 02:26 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Ill run mine tonight... and see for a comparison...

All I have done is a KN Cai and Cherry Bomb 3 Inch Exhaust! I cant see the 3.55s being that much slower, I mean yeah I know they are a taller gear, but still!

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 03-03-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Yes I meant Taller...
Old 03-03-2010, 02:29 PM
rengnath
Champion

I completly understand your point, koorbloh. I know its not a performance vehical, but neither is my mothers cobalt sedan and that thing would smoke me. I was just questioning it because that is pretty damn slow for having a road truck.

Thanks for your responses lghngblt02 and Eric. I was expecting something closer to the 7's. Ill have to take my truck to the industrial park and see what it does there. Its smooth concrete and I know I can get it up to 85 before I have to get on the brakes.
I am looking to do a fastman tb soon, and opening up the intake from the fender to the air box.
For wheels Im running stock with 28" tires so again stock. I wish I could redo the rear end, but I would also have to do the front and I dont have the funds to drop $1500+ in gears. I do have to remember that the truck is an 05 with 100k on it so the value is dropping by the day.
Are you guys running manuals or automatics?

Old 03-03-2010, 02:38 PM
rengnath
Champion

I know what I can do! Ill just go buy a new Dakota. With the new 302hp v8, it will do 0-60 in 6.6 seconds.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:45 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by ericemery
taller gear... 3.55 is a taller gear than a 3.92. 3.92 revs quicker than a 3.55
I meant taller... my bad... yes 3.92s rotate 3.92 times for every 1 turn of the wheel and the 3.55s rotate 3.55 times for every 1 turn of the wheel meaning the 3.92s wheels rotate a 1/10 of turn more for every cycle thus making it have a slight edge.

Originally Posted by rengnath
I completly understand your point, koorbloh. I know its not a performance vehical, but neither is my mothers cobalt sedan and that thing would smoke me. I was just questioning it because that is pretty damn slow for having a road truck.

Thanks for your responses lghngblt02 and Eric. I was expecting something closer to the 7's. Ill have to take my truck to the industrial park and see what it does there. Its smooth concrete and I know I can get it up to 85 before I have to get on the brakes.
I am looking to do a fastman tb soon, and opening up the intake from the fender to the air box.
For wheels Im running stock with 28" tires so again stock. I wish I could redo the rear end, but I would also have to do the front and I dont have the funds to drop $1500+ in gears. I do have to remember that the truck is an 05 with 100k on it so the value is dropping by the day.
Are you guys running manuals or automatics?
I am running the 5 Speed Auto

Quick Reply: 9.32?!? Really?!?