3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

AirRam Power Wire for my 4.7L

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 12:36 AM
SilverGhost1
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AirRam Power Wire for my 4.7L

Well I just got the AirRam Power Wire today. The true test will be tomorrow when I head up to L.A. It is supposed to give me 8-10hp and help with fuel economy. We'll see. Here are a few pics of this install into my Airaid Intake.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:03 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It basically tricks the computer into thinking the intake air temperature is lower than it is, you might get a bit more power but I'll be surprised if it increases mileage too. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Dinger838
Veteran

interested to hear as well

Old 03-21-2010, 10:35 AM
hendrixx324
Record Breaker

Is that bad for the motor at all

Old 03-21-2010, 11:27 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

No your MPG will suffer. Yes you will feel a slight power difference in warmer conditions only. Your puter is not tricked if the ambient temp is already below the tricked value. If you paid more then ten bucks you paid way too much for this little ditty. The factory match up connector and the techno cute mesh braiding is what you paid for. In reality it takes only ten minutes to make and maybe at the most $2.00 in parts. It cost me more to mail them out then to build them.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:05 PM
VA Dakota
Rookie

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-anyone-4.html

RE: power wire...anyone? 02/22/08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all on the Power wire build.I'm stillin Cali. on business and returning to Florida (home) on March 4th. My plan is to build about 20 power wires for all the requests I have from the forum. I'm making them for $10.00 that includes mailing them out via standard post office. I will provide my mailing address for payment as I send them out. I will also will set up a pay-pal account to receive payment. I’m making them for fellow Dodge forum users and not really making a profit on this so much between parts, time & mail but it’s such a cool cheap mod that really works. You’re on my list and once back home and settled I will getting them out.

Thanks Kurt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replied 02/22/08

Graythang

I would like to be included also for the power wire.
I have PM you my address.

Thanks from all of us !!!!!!!

It has only been 2 years and still waiting... LOL ... just teasing Kurt

Old 03-21-2010, 03:58 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

Dam I knew I missed a few. Sorry. Please do me a favor a re PM. I'm home for a few weeks and can get them done. Canada guys not no a problem but shipping is a bit more and don’t forget the dollar difference. I have to make up for my lost bets on the Olympic Hockey game. Lol
Thanks

Old 03-21-2010, 04:10 PM
NJJer
Veteran

Don't waste your time or money on the "power wire"

Old 03-22-2010, 07:13 PM
SilverGhost1
All Star

Well, back from LA and...

I did feel a bit more power which was nice. And I am sure I will benefit from that boost when it gets warm here. And it does get very hot. 10 miles from the coast and the temp can be 10F warmer where we are. So, I am glad about that.

As far as my MPG? My last trip to LA, I averaged about 19.5. This trip, it was about 18. It is difficult to gauge because traffic going to LA just sucked! 119 miles to my friend's house...3hrs 54min?!?!?!?! Oh yes, it was horrific. So I couldn't guage from that. But on the way home it was smooth sailing.

I am going to keep it connected. I like the power gains, albeit, small but I could definitely tell the difference.

Last edited by SilverGhost1; 03-22-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by SilverGhost1
Well, back from LA and...

I did feel a bit more power which was nice. And I am sure I will benefit from that boost when it gets warm here. And it does get very hot. 10 miles from the coast and the temp can be 10F warmer where we are. So, I am glad about that.

As far as my MPG? My last trip to LA, I averaged about 19.5. This trip, it was about 18. It is difficult to gauge because traffic going to LA just sucked! 119 miles to my friend's house...3hrs 54min?!?!?!?! Oh yes, it was horrific. So I couldn't guage from that. But on the way home it was smooth sailing.

I am going to keep it connected. I like the power gains, albeit, small but I could definitely tell the difference.
Yikes that's pretty awful traffic... I can usually make 120 miles in an hour and a half.

Quick Reply: AirRam Power Wire for my 4.7L