3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

fastman tb

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 01:27 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default fastman tb

i have an 05 3.7l and have been thinking about getting the fastman tb. i wanted to know if anyone else has put this tb on their 3.7l and if so if it made any noticeable difference.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:36 AM
utahdakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an 05 3.7 myself and have been wondering the same

Old 03-26-2010, 03:24 AM
Slick Dakota
Captain

IMO you would be better off spending your money on a electric fan, do a search.. Cya Slick

Old 03-26-2010, 07:30 AM
sullysdetailing
All Star

If you already have an intake and exhaust I would go for it. That is one of my next mods. I had a tb on my NA V6 eclipse and i got pretty good gains.

So I gonna be getting the TB and the Pulley next.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:56 PM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well my plans are right now i have some centric rotors and ebc pads on the way and next month i'm going to get some rancho shocks and struts along with the e-fan and tb. maybe down the road i'll get the economy head for the 3.7l also.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Freakdeman

So I also have an 05 with the 3.7. I recently finished my install on both the fastman throttle body and the k&N cai. I first did the install on the fastman and ran it for about 1 month. I noticed that climbing the hills wasnt as tough, also did notice an slight increase in gas mileage. However, I did also install the NGK iridium spark plugs, so that may have helped with the mpg.

My next step was to install the K&N CAI. All I can say is WOW!!!! Especially on the higher rpms, sounds aggressive as hell. I was kinda afraid that it might make the 3.7 sound ricey, but that was not the case at all.

The main reason I did all this was to increase horsepower while towing my boat, especially climbing hills and as well hopefull to increase mpg. Have not towed the boat just yet, and have not checked the mpg. However, I will let everyone know the results.

I am thinking that I may look into a better flowing exhaust. I will be looking for something quiet, as I am in my truck a lot for work and I want to be able to hear on the cell.

Freakdeman out..........

Old 04-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Freakdeman
Cool

I can definately tell a difference in gas mileage. I must admit with the K&N CAI and the fastman throttle body keeping the foot off the gas is hard to do. The sound is awesome... I am tempted to look at a different muffler for better flow. However, the muffler will be as quiet as possible. I cant call my customers and hear them if I have some glass packs kicking. I am also concerned that with a 3.7 loud might sound ricey....

Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 AM
popsnbeer
Captain

Originally Posted by Freakdeman
So I also have an 05 with the 3.7. I recently finished my install on both the fastman throttle body and the k&N cai. I first did the install on the fastman and ran it for about 1 month. I noticed that climbing the hills wasnt as tough, also did notice an slight increase in gas mileage. However, I did also install the NGK iridium spark plugs, so that may have helped with the mpg.

My next step was to install the K&N CAI. All I can say is WOW!!!! Especially on the higher rpms, sounds aggressive as hell. I was kinda afraid that it might make the 3.7 sound ricey, but that was not the case at all.

The main reason I did all this was to increase horsepower while towing my boat, especially climbing hills and as well hopefull to increase mpg. Have not towed the boat just yet, and have not checked the mpg. However, I will let everyone know the results.

I am thinking that I may look into a better flowing exhaust. I will be looking for something quiet, as I am in my truck a lot for work and I want to be able to hear on the cell.

Freakdeman out..........
if you want exhuast, right now there is a thread that talks about 30% off on Amazon for Magnaflow and Flowmaster parts. They also have free shipping right now. Check it out.

Quick Reply: fastman tb