3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Rear Suspension Air Bags

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:47 PM
mmullengs
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Suspension Air Bags

Since it is now spring time it is time to get out there and hull the trailer to the camp site. The only issue is that I have more drop in the back of the truck than I like. The ATV is 800 LB and the tongue weight of the camper is about 300 LB. I was wondering if any one has tried to use air bags to level out their Dakota

Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
canadiandodge
All Star

there is a couple guys hear that have bags in the bag and i know there is a nice system out there by timbrem. they have a kit for our truck personally i have not used but have heard only good things

Old 04-21-2010, 01:51 AM
RealityCheck
Rookie

I'm running Firestone airbags on my truck and they work great. I got them from Trucksprings.com

Old 04-21-2010, 05:17 PM
pojv

I also have the Firestone air bags on my truck, as I haul our Quad in the bed, and tow our trailer. I normally use 65 psi in the bags this put the truck back to level and have a weight distribution hitch for the trailer. This setup has been great.

Phil

Old 04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
mmullengs
Amateur
Smile Thanks for the Advice

Hi All thank for the replys I took the ATV out to go riding and it wold have been nice to hook up the popup trailer to go with but with out the air bags the truck would not ride corectly I will be going to the air bags solution. I found a place that will install for 250 with out compressor.

I have attached photo of atv in truck but since this photo I have found that if I back the ATV into the truck I can close the tailgate completley

Attached Images

Quick Reply: Rear Suspension Air Bags