3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Best price on K&N?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Rage-aholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine monday, but could not put it on until yesterday thanks to the rain. I love the better response from the throttle and the sound in the cab is awesome. But how is it considered a "cold air intake" when it is not completely sealed off from sucking heat from the engine compartment? There is a huge gap along the bottom and sides of the shield. The stock system was designed better than this as far as not sucking hot air from the engine. We have some header seal at work I am going to try to cover the gap with.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
thecause17
Veteran

I installed mine on Sunday and am pretty happy with it. Nice throttle response and I definately notice a gain in the higher rpms. Seems to go well with the Gibson and Superchips. It did however make my exhaust much louder under heavy throttle. I like it, but I generally keep exhaust systems quiet, that's why I went with Gibson, but after the intake it's definately pushing the limits of how loud I'd want the truck to be. It's not a daily driver anyway so when I do drive it's nice to listen to, but I wouldn't want it any louder. I'm glad I decided not to do headers that's for sure, I think it would be louder than I'd like after that.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:30 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

trucky, how much?

Old 05-13-2010, 02:04 AM
rengnath
Champion

Originally Posted by thecause17
I installed mine on Sunday and am pretty happy with it. Nice throttle response and I definately notice a gain in the higher rpms. Seems to go well with the Gibson and Superchips. It did however make my exhaust much louder under heavy throttle.
Glad to hear youre noticing a difference! Im getting an Airaid CAI by the end of the month, and I sure hope it doesnt make my exhaust much louder. :/ Hopefully it will add some power to the butt dyno though.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:10 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Already got 2 offers on mine, not for grabs anymore.
thecause- headers gave me a HINT of more rumble but it's not enough to say 'I wouldn't do it because it would make my exhaust too loud'. That's just not true.

Quick Reply: Best price on K&N?