3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Superchips 3865 Trans Control Update!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
thecause17
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips 3865 Trans Control Update!

I have not seen anyone post this yet, so I wanted to let you guys know that the update for trans/torque management control was released from Superchips a few weeks back. If you haven't updated it, do so and play with it and let us know how you like it.

I got the update today and I do notice a difference, but I'm only at the preset Superchips settings and haven't gotten a chance to dig in deeper with the controls yet and set my own settings, but it looks like there's partial and WOT torque management adjustments, as well as up and downshift point adjustments. It looks like there's a lot to play with here, and I'm looking forward to spending more time on it this week.

If you update this and are playing with the settings, I'd appreciate any info or feedback you might have for the rest of us as well.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:48 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...dates-217.html

4.7 won't release until later. What you have is the new option that everyone will have. See this post for some more information: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2112188-post2140.html

Sil

Old 05-03-2010, 03:50 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow! :d

Old 05-03-2010, 08:41 PM
thecause17
Veteran

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...dates-217.html

4.7 won't release until later. What you have is the new option that everyone will have. See this post for some more information: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2112188-post2140.html

Sil

Thanks for the info. I was looking to answer a few other questions, but that thread is such a sea of info, I couldn't really find out what I wanted to know.

What is the coupon code for that they're talking about?

How much is the fee for the later release? I think I read $40 but I'm insure if this is the correct number.

So what I'm gathering from this first update, is that there isn't much adjustment other than going from the "Superchips" settings, to "Stock" Is this correct? That is until the later update comes out that there will be a fee for?

Old 05-03-2010, 11:32 PM
rengnath
Champion

You have nothing to worry about right now .... but to fill you in;
Tomorrow around 8am ET, there will be an announcment that the release (For Hemi vehicals 04+) is available and a 72 hour coupon code will be given. Info on the release will be given by Scott@Superchips on various forums, including this one. During this time period, any VIN locked programmer will be able to be updated for free. The programmer must be linked to a vehical in order for the release to be downloaded, as the release is VIN specific and if at a later date you want to change vehicals, you will have to pay for the transmission tuning release for the new vehical. If you dont have the ablitly to update your programmer during the free window, the price is $40.

If you update your superchips programmer today for your 4.7l, you will see what options there will be but you cant custom tune your transmission until the update is released. From what I can tell from playing around with it, you will be able to chose between stock, superchips, or custom. There are options to change where the gears shift up, down, when overdrive comes on or off, and torque management.

Like I said, no release date is up yet for the 4.7l engines, but its coming soon. The release for Hemis was supposed to be 5/3, but things with the update system got delayed so they decided to hold off one more day. If you have a Hemi though, tomorrow (5/4) is the day to play hookie from work so you can play. Anyone with a 4.7l can sit back and find out what problems they have and learn from any mistakes that the Hemi owners make, as we wait for our release to come.

Sorry for all the detailed info, Ive been following this for a while. I get bored at work sometimes.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:17 AM
hendrixx324
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is exciting

Old 05-04-2010, 01:28 PM
thecause17
Veteran

Originally Posted by rengnath
If you update your superchips programmer today for your 4.7l, you will see what options there will be but you cant custom tune your transmission until the update is released.

Sorry for all the detailed info, Ive been following this for a while. I get bored at work sometimes.
But the update now does include some changes with the Superchips setting correct? You just can't change anything yourself right now...

No need to apologize. I knew there was an update coming, but was not aware of the extent of it until a few days ago and the details. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:10 PM
rengnath
Champion

Originally Posted by thecause17
But the update now does include some changes with the Superchips setting correct? You just can't change anything yourself right now...
I'm not sure if they did anything in terms of changing transmission performance. I retuned and didnt notice much of a difference, but its really hard to tell with the difference between tunes. The tune wont be in actual effect until you drive 20-50 miles with your driving style, and in 20-50 miles, you get used to how its performing and forget how it was 50 miles ago on the old tune. I didnt notice a difference in performance with my update yesterday, but there couldve been one.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:15 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
You have nothing to worry about right now .... but to fill you in;
Tomorrow around 8am ET, there will be an announcment that the release (For Hemi vehicals 04+) is available and a 72 hour coupon code will be given. Info on the release will be given by Scott@Superchips on various forums, including this one. During this time period, any VIN locked programmer will be able to be updated for free. The programmer must be linked to a vehical in order for the release to be downloaded, as the release is VIN specific and if at a later date you want to change vehicals, you will have to pay for the transmission tuning release for the new vehical. If you dont have the ablitly to update your programmer during the free window, the price is $40.

If you update your superchips programmer today for your 4.7l, you will see what options there will be but you cant custom tune your transmission until the update is released. From what I can tell from playing around with it, you will be able to chose between stock, superchips, or custom. There are options to change where the gears shift up, down, when overdrive comes on or off, and torque management.

Like I said, no release date is up yet for the 4.7l engines, but its coming soon. The release for Hemis was supposed to be 5/3, but things with the update system got delayed so they decided to hold off one more day. If you have a Hemi though, tomorrow (5/4) is the day to play hookie from work so you can play. Anyone with a 4.7l can sit back and find out what problems they have and learn from any mistakes that the Hemi owners make, as we wait for our release to come.

Damn you nailed it!

Have you guys talked to any of the Hemi owners, its getting rave reviews right now! You thought the tuner by itself woke the truck up, they are saying this new trans option is incredible on the heavy weights...

Old 05-05-2010, 11:23 AM
hendrixx324
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so this is actualy going to happen were getting an update for our trucks?!

Quick Reply: Superchips 3865 Trans Control Update!