3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

REF radio ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 06:07 PM
cbea1124
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REF radio ?

REF Radio and Ipod
I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota...

I live in a rural area nd love listening to both my ipod & SAT radio...I would like to install a ipod interface to control the ipod with my radio.

REF radios dont seem to be compatible...with alot of interfaces.

Anyone have one installed?
IF so how they do it..
Easier to jsut get a new radio?..even though i love my factory one.

Thanks

Old 07-15-2010, 11:43 AM
keithhud
Professional

I don't have an iPod controller installed, so I can't speak to that question.

You might want to look at something like this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541PXDP...owAll=N&tp=120

I would recommend staying away from the Wireless FM transmitters due to the interference and bleed over from a weak to strong FM signals.

On my 2001 Dak, I installed an Alpine iDA X303 Digital Media Receiver. I connected, controlled and charged my iPhone though this receiver. I was also able to connect my portable XM Player and listen to it using the rear AUX input.

I purchased the Alpine from Crutchfield and it included the install kit and everything I needed to install the receiver except the AUX RCA to mini din cable for my portable XM Player, but I was able to order it though Crutchfield and it was an easy install.

I took me more time soldering and heat shrinking the connections than it did to install the receiver.

I think once my 5 months of Sirius on my REF stereo runs out, I’ll look at putting Navigation Digital Media Receiver in my 2008 Dak.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:47 PM
cbea1124
Rookie
Default Crutchfield link

Its sounds like a good solution but doesnt fit my 2006 dodge dakota, factory radio....not sure wht type brand factory model.

Any1 else have a solution..thnx

Old 07-16-2010, 11:48 PM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uhm and you also know that you can buy a cord from Best buy or even walmart that plugs into your IPOD and into the the IPOD input hole on your radio and it works that way! 10 dollar cord and all you do is put it on Auxillary on your radio and bingo bango listening to an IPOD!

just go there and show them your ipod and say i need a cable that will go from this to my car radio and they'll know what your talking about

Old 07-16-2010, 11:51 PM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MY bad read that wrong! uhm yeah not gonna work through the factory radio i've tried it it sucks! so just either plug it in andlisten to it with that cord or listen to sat

Quick Reply: REF radio ?