3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Forum N00b with a 3.7L TB question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Quagmire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum N00b with a 3.7L TB question

Hey all, I'm new to the forum which I found while Googling parts for my 2005 Dakota.

I happened to notice that a lot of parts related to the 3.7L Dakota seem to have strange cut-off dates for their use. Like the airaid throttle body spacer shows as 07-10, and they skip the 05-06 models.

Is there a difference between the 05/06 and 07 & later 3.5L engines that I am unaware of or will the parts work the same?

Any recommendations on low level mods to increase power and torque would be appreaciated.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:52 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont buy a tb spacer, they are a waist of money and do nothing for a multi port fuel injected engine, basically everything 05 and newer is all the same, how about cai, and exhaust to start

Old 08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Quagmire

For CAI after doing some looking I think I am just going to stick with dropping the K&N 57-1547 kit in it. I don't think I'm quite ambitious enough to tackle sticking a different brand in closer to the grille.

For exhaust I am looking at going to a local shop I've dealt with before and possibly going with the Magnaflo.

Of course opinions of any high quality alternatives which would produce better results would be appreciated. I just don't want to throw 'junk' under the hood that makes it sound louder. I want/need the extra performance.

It is a general purpose truck that on rare occasion has to haul a horse trailer. It does a great job even with 2 horses on, other than up a hill.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:31 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Welcome to the forum!!

But it's a rule here that you can't talk of your truck without loading some pics....

Old 08-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Quagmire

Originally Posted by dakota_raven
Welcome to the forum!!

But it's a rule here that you can't talk of your truck without loading some pics....

I will snap some fresh pics of it shortly and post them. It needs a bath right now because my wife decided to take it on a dirt road that was freshly sprayed with calcium to keep the dust down. That stuff hardens like cement.

Quick Reply: Forum N00b with a 3.7L TB question