3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Roof Cab Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will love to get a set installed. it's not hard, like hammer said, the hardest part is drilling the first hole. what you need to do is mark first where you want them and then use a center punch to mark and ding the place so that the drill bit don't jump around and make the hole easier. that way you don't have to get the roof painted after the drill bit scratched it. good luck... get a lot of pics start to finish!!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 03:44 AM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah lol that would not be me drilling i can tell you that right now! lol

Old 08-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Jeremysp1993
Veteran

Originally Posted by dakota_raven
i will love to get a set installed. it's not hard, like hammer said, the hardest part is drilling the first hole. what you need to do is mark first where you want them and then use a center punch to mark and ding the place so that the drill bit don't jump around and make the hole easier. that way you don't have to get the roof painted after the drill bit scratched it. good luck... get a lot of pics start to finish!!!!
Yeah i remember the first day i drilled into my truck, it was kind of like the measure twice, cut once. But it was like measure 10 times drill once! Haha. But i never drilled into the body, only inside and in bed for my headache rack to bolt on.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:31 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been trying to figure out a way to put these in and hide the wires withour drilling holes. im thinking that if i use good quality tape they would stick. the trick is getting the wires into the cab. there is a plug in the passenger pill i believe i read that in a pose about adding overhead console.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
there is a plug in the passenger pill i believe i read that in a pose about adding overhead console.
Yea there is a plug in the pillar

Old 08-22-2011, 12:51 PM
RamStrat
Veteran

Originally Posted by Jeremysp1993
Yeah i remember the first day i drilled into my truck, it was kind of like the measure twice, cut once. But it was like measure 10 times drill once! Haha. But i never drilled into the body, only inside and in bed for my headache rack to bolt on.

Am I reading this right....you want to install cab lights without drilling any holes? Lol

Old 08-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Jeremysp1993
Veteran

Originally Posted by RamStrat
Am I reading this right....you want to install cab lights without drilling any holes? Lol
No lol. Thats not what im saying. I am just saying how i would be scared to drill into my roof as it is not fixable once i drill a whole wrong, except with some caulking.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:43 PM
cheeseburger
All Star

Originally Posted by RamStrat
thats what im trying to figure out.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Jeremysp1993
Veteran

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
thats what im trying to figure out.
Omg lol. Thats not what i meant! I was just saying that i was scared when i first drilled into my truck as RamStrat said that he would be scared to put them in. Sooo get the point?

Old 08-22-2011, 06:01 PM
cheeseburger
All Star

Originally Posted by Jeremysp1993
Omg lol. Thats not what i meant! I was just saying that i was scared when i first drilled into my truck as RamStrat said that he would be scared to put them in. Sooo get the point?
No ME Myself cheeseburger is trying to figure out how to do cab lights without drilling. because i'm

Quick Reply: Roof Cab Lights