3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Suspension Lift Kit????

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:24 PM
The Dutch Touch
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Lift Kit????

So i was browsing around on on cardomain and i found this http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3373780 photos kind of suck.

I don't really know if you can call it a legit suspension lift but i gues its a step in the right direction.

Any opinions?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well its nice to see people try. Couple problems that i have...
#1 its a 2wd truck
#2 for the money and knowledge he spent putting this lift on you would think he would change those tie rod ends to the top to eliminate the huge angle and stress he is going to place on them.
#3 from the comments it looks like it paid a pretty penny to get this made for himself $2000+
#4 its only a V6
#5 Why oh why people try to make poser 4wd trucks out of 2wd trucks i will never understand.

All the power to him for making the truck how he wants. Hope those tie rod ends don't snap.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:44 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

i agree with Elimer on many points buuut if we could get a custom cv this might work i think im sure someone will correct me if im wrong

Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, I can't lie. Our trucks look great with 35" tires on them.

Here's my question, how the hell do you fit 35" tires on our trucks (in the rear)? You would have to cut the fenders out. My 32" tires get really close when I have maximum articulation. I would imagine that 33" tires would touch (have to roll certain parts of the fenders). But 35"s would start grabbing the fender and ripping it out. I'm confused. Also, are those 15" wheels? 1.5" spacers??? Does he care about the possibility of wheel stud failure?

Old 08-24-2010, 11:14 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
1.5" spacers??? Does he care about the possibility of wheel stud failure?

When I seen the spacers, thats what come to my mind as well. A little risky.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:19 AM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

I just send him a message about the lift. let's see what's the answer is!!!

Old 08-24-2010, 03:08 PM
tfraysie
Professional

That pic he posted of the kit setting out looks exactly like the one from airbagit.com or chassis tech...so I would say it is from there. People on here have said this sight is bad news. heres the link to the lift tho http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/x2-kit4-dk05xx.htm

Old 08-24-2010, 03:27 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tfraysie
That pic he posted of the kit setting out looks exactly like the one from airbagit.com or chassis tech...so I would say it is from there. People on here have said this sight is bad news. heres the link to the lift tho http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/x2-kit4-dk05xx.htm
I knew it was chassis tech! I just want to know what he's going to say (lie) about it!!!

Old 08-24-2010, 03:43 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My assumtion would be that: He will see failures quickly. I would be scared to death of taking a corner in the truck...think about it: 35" tires, body lift, suspension lift (thats not worth a flying-f&^%) and 1.5" wheel spacers...and factory wheel studs. However, for shock value, the truck "looks" awesome.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:40 PM
The Dutch Touch
Veteran

I sent the guy a message to see if he's had any problems yet (like two weeks ago,) and no response.

He's probably sitting in his dakota crying about why he spent nearly $2000 to lift his truck. It lifted the truck alright but it also opened up a huge world of problems.

To lift our trucks you nearly have to remove the entire front end and start from scratch. Which end up costing a little more than $2000 lol.

I also agree with Eimer why oh why do people put suspension lifts on a 2wd V6 and then put 35s on.

Quick Reply: Suspension Lift Kit????