3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

No Cold AC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Ueland
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nola24
Well for the ignition wire I have a fuse tie in (same as tap?), so I think I'm good there, thanks. I just went out and rewired it, my fuse box is different from yours so I put the ignition wire in one of the spares, and put the override in with the AC Clutch relay. I started her up and turned the AC on.. nothing. But it shouldn't turn on till it's running for a while, right.. Guess I'll hope for the best tomorrow on my way to school.

Your fuse box should be identical to mine... I have a 2005 v8 and as far as I know the fuse box was the same on all models. the pic is taken from the drivers side looking over the fender if that helps. make sure you have it wired to the proper leg on the ac clutch relay, and once you turn the AC on, you should only see the fan engage once the AC clutch engages. if you stand at the truck and watch under the hood, you will see when the ac clutch engages and is not engaged. when not engaged the center of the ac pulley stays still, when engaged the center of the pulley rotates with the pulley.

hope that helps and makes sense...

Old 10-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Ueland
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
this may explain why my ac is not very cold sometimes? we need to come up with a "power wire" type mod so the thing makes the ac blow cold all the time!
I've considered that very thing... however it would probably screw up your temp display if you have one of those overhead consoles as I think it reads off the same sensor...

Quick Reply: No Cold AC?