3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

JET Accu-Speed SPEEDOMETER CALIBRATOR

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Kerwinvega0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JET Accu-Speed SPEEDOMETER CALIBRATOR

I have put 33's on my Dakota... I have been looking at this item... more to correct shift points then the speed...

Anyone looked into these or are using them on a 3rd Gen Dakota?
I have the 3.7L V6 so there is no Superchip to correct the tire size..

Info from the website(www.jetchip.com)
"Accu-Speed
Part #: 50110
The JET Accu-Speed for 93-up Dodge, Ford, GM, Jeep and Toyota trucks and SUV’s modifies the vehicle speed sensor output readings to correct the speedometer after making gear ratio or tire size changes. Shift points in automatic transmissions are also corrected. The Accu-Speed connects to the transmission output speed sensor and is calibrated with the turn of a switch.
*The JET Accu-Speed is only available for automatic transmissions."

I see mixed reviews on them seems to depend on vehicle as to weather it will correct the shift points... Looks like ford trucks shift based on RPM not speed. Not sure how the dodge trucks would work....

Only other option I have been able to find out there is the Dealer can change the tire size in the computer but I think they have limited size options and I am assuming not up to 33" (285-85-16)

Thanks for any help / comments

Old 10-14-2010, 12:08 AM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats one hell of a tire! If you fit that on a Dakota, the dealer should be able to correct the size for you. Not sure how the Jet will work; its kind of wierd that it works on all the different makes. Seems like either it wont work on all of those, or youre paying for a lot more than you need. If youre not looking to change the tire size often, I would check out the dealer first.

If it helps; Dodge shifting is based off speed and throttle percentage.

Quick Reply: JET Accu-Speed SPEEDOMETER CALIBRATOR