3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Another use for the Dakota...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Buckmaster
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dakota_raven
That's cool but i hunt with bow and arrow!!!!!!

Me too 99.9% of the time... but I love shooting also, when I can afford it.

As far as Virginia Law is concerned, It can vary from County to County, but State law states

Shooting From the Road is Illegal

Shooting at wildlife from a vehicle and/or from or across a public road is illegal. Penalties include: fines, license revocation and confiscation of firearms.

No special regulations in my county about Firearms and nothing stating I can't shoot from a vehicle, as long as I'm off/away from the road. And not shooting at Wildlife...

If anyone wants to dig deeper, and can find something more specific, by all means, do so and provide me a link, because I'm totally unaware. I may even e-mail my local DNR.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Ueland
Veteran

Originally Posted by Buckmaster
Me too 99.9% of the time... but I love shooting also, when I can afford it.

As far as Virginia Law is concerned, It can vary from County to County, but State law states

Shooting From the Road is Illegal

Shooting at wildlife from a vehicle and/or from or across a public road is illegal. Penalties include: fines, license revocation and confiscation of firearms.

No special regulations in my county about Firearms and nothing stating I can't shoot from a vehicle, as long as I'm off/away from the road. And not shooting at Wildlife...

If anyone wants to dig deeper, and can find something more specific, by all means, do so and provide me a link, because I'm totally unaware. I may even e-mail my local DNR.

saw your in SW Virginia.. where abouts are ya...

Old 11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

I dont like shooting from my truck, cause it aint stable enough. Here in Kansas, the wind blows a LOT and that shakes the truck badly. I think i need rancho struts.

And why shoot from the truck when I have a shooting pad from Midway USA. (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=169107) Well worth the price! Works great for a sleeping pad too.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Robk1971
Professional

Originally Posted by KS Cowboy
I dont like shooting from my truck, cause it aint stable enough. Here in Kansas, the wind blows a LOT and that shakes the truck badly. I think i need rancho struts.

And why shoot from the truck when I have a shooting pad from Midway USA. (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=169107) Well worth the price! Works great for a sleeping pad too.
Nice price on the mat. I think I'll order one. Thanks for posting.

Quick Reply: Another use for the Dakota...