3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

3.7L Chip Sign Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 05:06 PM
sullysdetailing
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else

Old 04-20-2011, 12:21 AM
BMSJaX
Amateur

I'm definitely in

Old 04-20-2011, 12:41 AM
sullysdetailing
All Star

Bump anyone else. Also guys please send Diablo emails or post in this thread on there forum thank you

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...ht=3+7l+dakota

Old 04-20-2011, 02:51 AM
Six_Shooter
Veteran

Originally Posted by rengnath
Blown mentioned in another thread that if you go through Hemifever, he can tune the 3.7l PCM via SCT.

Yep, I've read that too....

Doesn't do a thing for me, I need to be able to tune it myself. No one in their right mind would ever try to tune to cruise as lean as I want it to without being in the vehicle.

Also I just don't get into "mail order tunes," none that I have come across or known people to get, have been anything stellar. They might run slightly better than without, but after doing a tune with the tuners *** in the car, it was then much better.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:06 AM
Six_Shooter
Veteran

I'm looking at the Diablo site, and this is one of the biggest problems I have with most of these companies, that make these late model "tuner interfaces", You can't figure out what the hell it is they are selling....

From what I can figure out about the Predator, it sounds like it is pre-loaded with a tune, well, that's not what I want AT ALL.

The CMR is just way out of my price range at $2500 USD just to be able to tune, then still need to buy a Predator, or one of the other 2 options on top of that?

Please tell me, that there is some way to be able to tune the bin file myself, without spending nearly $3000 USD to do so.

If it will be that much, I'll use a GM/Delco ECM, for around 10% of that price, if that much. I might seriously look into MegaSquirt since MS3 supports the CAN protocol, SFI and sequential ignition, but would rather not. *Edit* MS CAN is only designed for MS devices, so that still won't work directly without a LOT of screwing around.

Is there something that I am not seeing here? I really don't care about tuning WOT, yeah it feels a bit lacking, but I care more about cruise and low throttle accel efficiency right now, though I would like to reduce the torque management by a LOT, that's one of the things that reduces efficiency.

*Additional edit* After more reading of the Diablo site, it's pretty clear I'd also have to purchase the CMR to do the tuning I want. Preloaded tunes FTL. I may end up just selling this truck, because of the fuel consumption....

Last edited by Six_Shooter; 04-20-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Email sent... I will help you guys out! Add me to the list

"SHUUUSSHHH I don't really have a 3.7", Just tell them I mixed up the 3 and the 4

Old 04-20-2011, 07:35 AM
sullysdetailing
All Star

Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
Yep, I've read that too....

Doesn't do a thing for me, I need to be able to tune it myself. No one in their right mind would ever try to tune to cruise as lean as I want it to without being in the vehicle.

Also I just don't get into "mail order tunes," none that I have come across or known people to get, have been anything stellar. They might run slightly better than without, but after doing a tune with the tuners *** in the car, it was then much better.
Last time I talked to Hemiforever it was pre 05's only

Old 04-20-2011, 02:04 PM
sullysdetailing
All Star

My PCM number is 05187003AH

Its not on the list that SCT gave me for supporting PCM maybe hemifever can step in and let us know if he can tune the 05+

Old 04-20-2011, 11:30 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's case by case w/ Sean/hemifever, he said some years he couldn't do but I can't recall which. It's best just to shoot him a PM here or on dodge talk w/ your pcm number and he'll let you know. With all that being said he tuned my truck and I had it dyno'd while he tweaked things and re-dyno'd. The first pull on the premium tune put out damn near the same numbers as the last one, so he's got a good idea of how to get the most power out of it. I posted a thread w/ the dyno numbers here https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ck-vs-jet.html. My truck is a 2wd w/ a manual tranny so keep that in mind comparing it to sully's numbers. I'm interested to see what kind of gains Diablo can get out of the 3.7, hopefully someone can post up some numbers once they release it.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:48 PM
sullysdetailing
All Star

I hope someone can tune my truck. I would have been way over 200whp on spray lol I picked up 50+whp so if I had the same tune as you that would put me at at 225+ whp lol plus I will be getting header and tb so that would help me push out a little more as well. I hope something happens soon.

Also anyone else want to be added to the list

Quick Reply: 3.7L Chip Sign Up Thread