3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Aftermarket Bucket Front Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 07:17 PM
bluebeast1562
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket Bucket Front Seats

I had received a Jegs holiday catalog (only about 60 pages) anyhow, they have some nice aftermarket seats for a 156.99 each. Not sure if anyone has tried or had sucess if this area. Looking to replace. Thanks

Old 11-29-2010, 12:31 AM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The factory seat frames are garbage. My seat back is loose and always moves a bit because the recliner linkage no longer holding as it once did. A friend with a Dak has the some problem. Just more cheap crap from a company that has no money for quality builds. I was going to look for a junk yard seat and move the coverings around but I’m tired of fooling with this toy. If you can find some RECARO or the like seats for a decent price go for it.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:20 AM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeahp i agree with graythang...mine does that too it slighty moves but i only notice it when i move back wards in the seat and it slightly moves...no worries!

Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Racinartist
All Star

Yep, seat frames are crap. I've had my 08 in a few times because the drivers seat is loose and I can feel the frame moving when I shift around in the seat. Supposed to go to the dealer eventually and have them replace the seat frame.

As for the aftermarkets, I saw some on Ebay a few weeks ago that look really cool. I just don't know what kind of quality they would be. I'm not gonna' lie though, I'm pretty open to the idea of having 'racing' seats in my truck. Haha

Old 11-29-2010, 02:19 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

Racaro has no seating for our trucks. Like most of the time 3rd party good stuff for our redheaded step child do not exist. If you own a Taco or a Ford you can get good stuff all day long. I might if I can find the time pull the left seat again a try to repair the problem with the recliner tab that is warn down from holding the seat back in place. I may have to fabricate something or modify what’s there. I just hate putting valuable time into something that should not happen because of lack of quality.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:09 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

My seats are solid as a rock and very comfortable. Just sayin.

Last edited by jkeaton; 11-30-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 PM
The Dutch Touch
Veteran

Originally Posted by jkeaton
My seats are solid as a rock. Just sayin.
Same here I have never noticed any problem with the seat frame moving. I actually like the seats in my dak.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Bucket Front Seats