3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Thanks, 20yr old kid who hit me...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 11:25 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WTEBOY703
so hows this kid gonna fight this? just accept responsibility and move on!
He thinks he had the "right of way"...and won't man-up to speeding and whatever he got the ticket for (still waiting for the police report to come back).

Looks like I got confirmation from Dodgetrucker to build me a bumper. I will take that over a stocker.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
89newbie
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
Negative. The kid is dragging his feet and contesting against me with his insurance company....like thats a suprise. I'm thinking of getting a sheet metal off road rear bumper out of this, instead of a stocker. I just need DodgeTrucker to give me a price...lol.
Have had this problem before. I had no contact from his supposed insurance company so I called the investigating cop and told him the guy actually had no insurance. He notified owner, in my case his Aunt, your case probably dad, Informed them he was citing them for no insurance and their licenses and tags would be revoked.( I confess here Cop had gone to academy with my cop son). Next call was to my insurance Co. discussed situation and they took the claim. Truck was in shop next day.

within two days of the truck going in shop my insurance company called, the other insurance co. existed. The other driver had never turned it over to them. Other insurance co paid the bills.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:26 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Looks like I got confirmation from Dodgetrucker to build me a bumper. I will take that over a stocker.
That's sweet! Another patented dodgetrucker bumper, at least there is some good news for you.

And nail that kid good, make him pay!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:37 PM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good stuff!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:57 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by dakotaff
That's sweet! Another patented dodgetrucker bumper, at least there is some good news for you.

And nail that kid good, make him pay!
Haha, thanks. As much as I want to "nail" his *** to floor, the "paying" part will be covered by his insurance. It's too bad the officer did not proceed with a roadside test...that would have been interesting.

I should be getting a copy of the police report any day now.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:25 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Ok, here's the latest update. I have a copy of the police report...finally. The driver was ticketed for careless driving. That is the good news.

The crappy news is that: thanks to the local Sheriff's department, the officers didn't fill out the police report very well. They didn't draw any diagrams of the accident, nor did the officer that reviewed the parking lot surveillance footage even write a report. The report does not have ANY notes what-so-ever to indicate that the kid was clearly to blame. Yet, when I spoke to the officer in person yesterday, he said that he and the officer completely believe that the other kid should take the liability. Great, that doesn't help.

Now, the kid's insurance company is saying that it should be a 50/50 split for liability...unless...we attain a copy of the surveillance footage and submit it to the insurance company (which may be impossible,won't know until monday).

Old 12-11-2010, 09:47 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i am gonna be a dick here, but in the begining you said you were 95% into a left turn when the kid hit you, speeding or not you turned into his path of driving, seeing how he hit you on the drivers side. luckly the cop didnt ticket you for crossing into oncoming traffic. this is one reason why i keep a cheap camera in my glove box, when crap happens my camera will be ready, good luck fitting with their insurance company, seems like they are gonna drag their feet until you get the information for them

Old 12-11-2010, 09:50 AM
rengnath
Champion

All I know; when I got rear ended and they had to replace the side of my bed it was over $800 just for the piece of sheet metal. I would try and get his insurance to pay for it, what ever it takes. It would suck to have to turn it in to your insurance to get fixed, but that will be one expensive bill all said and done.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:02 AM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

Ok, here's the latest update. I have a copy of the police report...finally. The driver was ticketed for careless driving. That is the good news.

The crappy news is that: thanks to the local Sheriff's department, the officers didn't fill out the police report very well. They didn't draw any diagrams of the accident, nor did the officer that reviewed the parking lot surveillance footage even write a report. The report does not have ANY notes what-so-ever to indicate that the kid was clearly to blame. Yet, when I spoke to the officer in person yesterday, he said that he and the officer completely believe that the other kid should take the liability. Great, that doesn't help.

Now, the kid's insurance company is saying that it should be a 50/50 split for liability...unless...we attain a copy of the surveillance footage and submit it to the insurance company (which may be impossible,won't know until monday).
I had a "buddy" that got off on a DUI that way. He had his lawyer, which he keeps on hand all of the time, fight the ticket, and he got off cause the officer didnt compleetly fill out the paperwork. THIS CRAP IS BULLS***!

Old 12-11-2010, 11:23 AM
rengnath
Champion

Originally Posted by KS Cowboy
I had a "buddy" that got off on a DUI that way. He had his lawyer, which he keeps on hand all of the time, fight the ticket, and he got off cause the officer didnt compleetly fill out the paperwork. THIS CRAP IS BULLS***!
Its all how much money you have. If you can afford a good lawyer, that will get you really far. In your buddys case, it was probably worth the money to avoid having a DUI on his record. In this case, by the time you would pay for a lawyer to try and win the case, you would probably be better off just paying to fix your truck and be happy you dont have to pay for the other persons just in case it was all blamed on you. My .02

Quick Reply: Thanks, 20yr old kid who hit me...