3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Thanks, 20yr old kid who hit me...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:42 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thanks, 20yr old kid who hit me...

Damnit, this is the third time this has happened to me...in the same spot. The kid was speeding in the parking lot on sat. morning, and felt like hitting my while I was driving. I was making a lefthand turn, got 95% into my lane (after turning), and the kid hits me (oncoming). He didn't bother to even try to slow down. Then, he gets out of his Ford Ranger, and starts yelling at me. By this point I ask him if he is ok....he says "what were you thinking?!! I hope you have insurance, becuase my truck is damaged". Whatever, I call police. Now he is really angry. "What are you doing a$$hole?" "I'm calling the Police..." Then he decides to walk away, and get some dry cleaning from the shop accross the parking lot. Police show up at 9:00am, get my story, get his. The deputy sheriff notices a hint of alcohol on the kid's breath. Now the kids daddy shows up (kid didn't have current proof of insurance) and starts arguing with the deputy sheriff that the kid has not had anything to drink. Kid gets a ticket, I do not. The contents of the police report are still processing, and we still don't know what the ticket was for. Luckily, the kid is under "daddy's" State Farm policy. This should be resolved fairly quickly. Although, after talking with State Farm, apparently the kid is contesting the liability, stating that it was my fault. What a surprise.

P1010122.jpg

P1010121.jpg

P1010120.jpg

P1010119.jpg

P1010118.jpg

Old 11-30-2010, 10:05 AM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn brother! That sucks, glad you are ok. The report will take care of that, he can say whatever he wants and it all comes down to the police investigation. But i could've been worse, you could be in jail right now for knocking his loud *** out! lol. Good luck!!!!

Last edited by dakota_raven; 11-30-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:09 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dakota_raven
Damn brother! That sucks, glad you are ok. The report will take care of that, he can say whatever he wants and it all comes down to the police investigation. But i could be worse, you could be in jail right now for knocking his loud *** out! lol. Good luck!!!!
Lol, he was a little thing...I would have felt bad for unloading on him...I can see the news report already, "Donkey holds a UFC title match in the "Juice Stop" parking lot because the kid was being a jack ***".

Old 11-30-2010, 12:08 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

kudos on keeping your cool.....i know how those d@mn loud mouthed youngins can be....

Old 11-30-2010, 12:49 PM
ozone45212
Veteran
Wink

Would have been hard not to have removed the 3' breaker bar from behind my front seat, its not there JUST for changing tires....

Old 11-30-2010, 01:31 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

Originally Posted by ozone45212
Would have been hard not to have removed the 3' breaker bar from behind my front seat, its not there JUST for changing tires....
Glad to hear that you are ok. I hope every thing will work out good for you. Was he DUI?

Old 11-30-2010, 01:48 PM
rengnath
Champion

When I was rear ended, the guy that hit me started yelling at one of the guys way up front who had to slam on his brakes for "causing the whole accident" when in reality, the guy slammed on his brakes because of someone in front of him, and then it was a chain reaction. The guy behind me was just pissed that he ended up hitting me because he was following a little too close. People always think its not their fault.

Glad to hear no one got hurt atleast. Time to paint that rear bumper white!

Last edited by rengnath; 11-30-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Six_Shooter
Veteran

If the laws where you are, are anything like the laws here, it will be called his fault just based on the pictures. If the vehicle is hit in the rear 3rd of the vehicle like this, it would be the other driver's fault, simple because this would indicate speeding, or not paying attention and a simple tap of the brakes could have avoided the whole thing. The ONLY exception, or factor that could sway that in this case is weather conditions, or the obvious alcohol.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:22 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

I know here in Alberta parking lots are usually 50/50

Old 11-30-2010, 04:24 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

I know here in Alberta parking lots are usually 50/50 no fault Unless it can be proven ie. Witness that. Was the only. Thing that saved my butt when my neons life got cut short

Quick Reply: Thanks, 20yr old kid who hit me...