3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New Member With Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 01:42 PM
trevorrawson
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member With Pics!!

Hey guys. So a few of you helped me out over the past week deciding between a couple Dakotas. Finally made up my mind and went with the '05 SLT with the 4.7 and 4WD. I've had it for only two days now and have put over 400 miles on it!!! I can't stop driving it!! I drive everywhere!! I headed up to the snow yesterday and got some good shots of it. Let me know what you think.

The first three things I'm going to be doing to her is adding the Brute Force air intake, a Superchips Programmer and the Daystar 2 inch leveling kit. Those are the top items on my Christmas list! What do you think? Any other advice?

I have a ton of questions but have been searching most posts as to not bring up old news that's been beaten to death. One question I do have though is what's the deal with suspension lifts??

I'm kidding!! I've seen the hundreds of posts!

Okay, now time for some pictures

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

One question I do have, I sign in through facebook, is there anyway to keep my member name and create and actual account so I can stay logged in and add pictures to my signature? Oh and I read a post saying that on an '07 if your rear diff has 12 bolts then you have the 9.25 rear end. Is that true on the '05 as well? And how do I tell how many speeds my automatic tranny has? See there are a ton of questions! If you can just point me to threads that'll do just fine. Really excited here but I am a complete rookie. This is not only my first Dodge but my first truck as well.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:47 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Welcome and nice truck! There is a stickie on top of the page that will help you get your dak's build sheet and you will see what did they installed on your truck on the factory. Just follow the directions! Good luck and have fun with the mods.

Last edited by dakota_raven; 11-30-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:06 PM
trevorrawson
Rookie

I tried that link and it took me to a page and told me to click on my year. But when I do nothing happens. Doesn't seem like it's working anymore.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:27 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Nice pics, that's a reminder to me that it's time to roll out the winter wheels! Enjoy the snow.

I think you clicked on the Dodge Builders Guide, that's not what you need.
Here is the link to contact Dodge for your Dakotas Build Sheet. If you are from Canada, just use an address from the U.S.

http://www.dodge.com/wccsapp/univers...ull&category=U

Old 11-30-2010, 02:34 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

Welcome! Nice looking truck!

Old 11-30-2010, 02:35 PM
rengnath
Champion

Love the white! Hope you enjoy the truck.

I would start looking for exhausts. That was by far my most favorite mod even if it didnt add the most performance. I love pushing my foot through the radiator just to hear it roar.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:38 PM
thunder98110
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the sticker in the glove box should tell you what rear end you have.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:33 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
I would start looking for exhausts. That was by far my most favorite mod even if it didnt add the most performance. I love pushing my foot through the radiator just to hear it roar.
X1000!!!!!! My exhaust was by far the most bang for the buck mod I have done. I love the way this truck sounds when you lay into it. And, if you get a superchips, the way it holds the gears longer makes the truck a real screamer and head turner!

Back to reality....Nice truck and welcome to the forum!!

Old 11-30-2010, 03:47 PM
dakotajerry
Veteran

I like this guy already. New member with pics lol. Welcome to the forum. Truck looks good.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by TREVORRAWSON
One question I do have, I sign in through facebook, is there anyway to keep my member name and create and actual account so I can stay logged in and add pictures to my signature?
Meaning you click the FB button on this site to log in here? Or you log in from FB? I sign in FB and then open another tab, go to the forum and then click the "log in through FB" button. So your wanting to keep your FB member name or your DF member name? If you are posting, you have created an account already. Go to your User CP to add signature and avatar. You might have to have a certain number of posts before you can do that though.

Quick Reply: New Member With Pics!!