3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

intermittent low idle

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 05:17 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine idles at 750 or so. It has been the same since I got the truck, and I have replaced the TPS and the IAC, twice. With mopar genuine parts.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 AM
gjmoran
Captain

im about to shoot to autozone to pick up some supplies to troubleshoot this low idle problem. im def gonna do the sea foam treatment, and try cleaning the iac. what else should i look into cleaning/replacing?

Old 12-04-2010, 05:54 PM
gjmoran
Captain

welp when i popped the hood i noticed the hose coming off the side of my cai was bent/pinched i fixed that and im hoping that was the reason it was choking out. i also seafoamed it 1/3 can in the booster line 1/3 can in the crank case 1/3 can in the gas tank. it didnt smoke very much but i took it on the freeway after and drove the **** out of it. seemed to accelerate better and when sitting at a red light the idle was smooth as heck. it seems like the idle in park is a lot better now too, i still feel small vibrations but it is nothing compared to what it was

Quick Reply: intermittent low idle