3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Another option for 'leveling' front end

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what Ive seen, there are a couple things that will help you keep your front end in tact with a leveling kit:

1: Aftermarket struts (Keeps the front end stiffer)
2: Normal driving (Limited offroading to prevent excessive wear on ball joints and CVs from flexing)
3: Stock sizes on tires with moderate tread patterns (To avoid destroying steering racks like MonkeyWrench)

Ill probably end up getting a 1.5" leveling kit with new rancho struts this spring.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info!

Old 01-05-2011, 08:42 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i dont know ive got a leveling kit with stock coils and shocks all the way around. and 31" all terrains. ive jumped my truck. ran it through woops, deep mud, rocky roads, and jumped curbs and gone too fast over speed bumps....everything has held up so far.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't use those, if they do anything it will be to raise the truck by preloading the spring but as they go inbetween coils they reduce your travel even more. The Trailmaster leveling kit works on the principle of preloading the springs but it's made of billet aluminum and it mounts between the top of the strut and the spring.

Quick Reply: Another option for 'leveling' front end