3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

next modification?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 PM
themoneyshot
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default next modification?

what would most recommend as the next mod after the kn cai? i am considering the superchip tuner or a fastman tb.

i am a little concerned with some of the recent idle problems with the tb. i wonder what percentage has had this trouble?

i have planned these to be the next followed by a cat back exhaust.

any recommendations are appreciated.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:49 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

my vote would be for superchips. the fastman was not for me, idle problems or not .....it really messed with the shift points set by the sc,almost felt like stock shifting I did not like that. would also think about an efan. that adds 10 hp, thats my next mod.

Last edited by jkeaton; 01-10-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:15 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree with Keaton, my next is the Efan.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:17 PM
themoneyshot
Rookie

thanks for tb info.

i see you have the sonnax. is this the same as the torque management? i can not find any info on hte torque management can you explain waht either do?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:20 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

the sonnax makes the shifts firmer at wot. torque management is getting into the workings of the computer program that controls the tranny. scary stuff if you dont know what your doing. Rengnath uses it and i think eimer is going to, I dont have time to mess with that so I got the sonnax.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the TM with the Superchips. The TM is very easy to work with. The Superchips shift points are pretty decent. Way better than stock! The custom shift points is the real pain.

I would go with Superchips, and then e-fan!

Old 01-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Amanka
Professional

probably bang for your buck Superchips is the place to start

Old 01-10-2011, 09:30 PM
rengnath
Champion

Fastman can suck my left nut .... sorry for the way I put it. Im angry; the idle is messed up no matter what I try and he will not stand behind his product. He claims that the truck has to learn idle, and some trucks have the idle problem while other dont. Well I sent this TB to keaton and it did the same thing; so my guess is its just a p.o.s. as I replaced every sensor in the TB, did every reset possible, every idle relearn procedure and even talked dirty to it a few times. Nothing works.

Go superchips if you want the best bang for buck. Im going with an F&B throttle body .... like I shouldve in the first place. You get what you pay for I guess.

Last edited by rengnath; 01-10-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by rengnath
Fastman can suck my left nut .... sorry for the way I put it. Im angry; the idle is messed up no matter what I try and he will not stand behind his product. He claims that the truck has to learn idle, and some trucks have the idle problem while other dont. Well I sent this TB to keaton and it did the same thing; so my guess is its just a p.o.s. as I replaced every sensor in the TB, did every reset possible, every idle relearn procedure and even talked dirty to it a few times. Nothing works.

Go superchips if you want the best bang for buck. Im going with an F&B throttle body .... like I shouldve in the first place. You get what you pay for I guess.
dang man, that sucks, i thought we were on the road to figuring it out. put it on ebay, you'll make your money back.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 PM
rengnath
Champion

Originally Posted by jkeaton
dang man, that sucks, i thought we were on the road to figuring it out. put it on ebay, you'll make your money back.
I would but that wouldnt be right to do to the next buyer. The idle issue is terrible. Going 40mph, the truck actually will pull itself.

Any one want to trade for an efan? lol

Quick Reply: next modification?