3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dashboard Lights (Instrument Cluster)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 01:11 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-Du...Q5fAccessories

Plug and play for under $75. Your mileage is stored in the PCM and not the cluster, so you should have no worries except for getting it plugged in.

Then, you can always rip apart your old one and try to light it up if you want. It would all have to be custom wired, it wont be a simple changing of bulbs.

Last edited by rengnath; 04-10-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:13 PM
ReturnToSender
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by christianwarrior
not trying to steal the thread but so you are saying that I can't mod the lights or even replace the things with leds? in any way? my whole gage cluster went out but the cluster works still just not the lights its a 99 and the guy at the auto parts store told me the relay for the cluster was integrated so yeah idk what to do I can't pay a crap load of money to get a new cluster and the junk yards near me don't have anything anythoughts?
If you have a 99 your in the wrong section,
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-67/
2nd Gen should be more help.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by christianwarrior
not trying to steal the thread but so you are saying that I can't mod the lights or even replace the things with leds? in any way? my whole gage cluster went out but the cluster works still just not the lights its a 99 and the guy at the auto parts store told me the relay for the cluster was integrated so yeah idk what to do I can't pay a crap load of money to get a new cluster and the junk yards near me don't have anything anythoughts?

Dito on the wrong section, but on your 2 gen there is a led conversion available

Quick Reply: Dashboard Lights (Instrument Cluster)