3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Hipotec in the mail!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, got mine on as well....and am in the same boat as you boys. Shift points are yucky now! I guess I will be calling SC this coming week

Hey, since we are all 2005, can someone who has the answers to the "shift points" test just give us a cheat sheet? I am just so lazy...

Old 02-26-2011, 10:41 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Download the shift schedule off of the website I created. It will hold in gear longer than SC, which is what you need. Should be plug and play numbers for anyone with a 2005.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:43 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Are the numbers on the first spreadsheet your custom numbers or the sc tune numbers? Thats what I ant figure out...lol

Old 02-26-2011, 10:52 PM
rengnath
Champion

Download the 2005 Shift Schedule here:
http://dakotasctranschedules.awardsp...schedules.html

The numbers on that sheet are custom. Any numbers that SC allows you to see are the stock values. Therefore; when you go in to the trans tuning on the tuner, you are modifying stock shift points.

The use of excel is essential to making a custom schedule. I think you would be foolish not to use the graphing as you can get some pretty nasty shifting.

The graphing allows you to see how aggressive your tune will be. Close lines will be a very aggressive shift pattern, while lines father apart will more like stock when it comes to downshifting.

Dont cross lines, what ever you do. And I recommend taking a lap top to your truck to modify the schedule. You can tell where exactly your truck will shift by looking at those graphs. The TP value can be found in your advanced logging feature.

If you are looking at doing this, read that whole website. It will tell you everything you need to know. If you dont have the time to read through it, you wont have the time to make a shift schedule.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Amanka
Professional

I played with my shifts alot and the excel sheet is the only way to do it right. When i was ready to try it i would just take my laptop out and load it up and make changes as needed. All the info on rengnath's page is very valuable. I turned it back to stock in the winter because i was sick of sitting in a cold truck while it programmed, but i've been tweeking a couple of the schedules i have had decent luck with and i think i am getting pretty close.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:45 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
I will get one if there are no idle problems. If Billy would get one, that would be awesome. Then I would know for sure since he had the same issues I did.
You first... lol

You guys are making me drool again!

Old 02-28-2011, 10:20 AM
rengnath
Champion

My mod bug has been cured for a few months. Im going to vegas

Old 02-28-2011, 10:50 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

With this weather... mine is curing itself too, although my HD Modding Bug has been flaring!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone write down/figure out what the SC numbers were? Now that I have the 68.5 TB on it, I have no idea!

I would like to have it the way SC does, but with this TB..plus playing with the TM

TIA!

P.S. I was supposed to have my Dak flashed at the dealer today to get the Remote Radio buttons working, but the web (and phones) were down all day

Will try back in the AM...just my luck!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

I should definitely have to order one! Especially now that I have bigger injectors and making my own CAI tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Hipotec in the mail!!