3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

104000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:59 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

from what I heard, there ar 2 types of odometers in these truck, the computer keeps track of the mileage also, that way if anyone tries to do a switch like a bogus dealer and say the truck has 35000 mile when actually it has 75000 on it.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:18 PM
seeless85
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

33,300 exactly when i pulled in the yard today. So far its been both sides sway bar bushings, both sway bar links, outer tie rods both sides, a mysterious rattle/thump I can't pinpoint, and transmission lines (twice). Other than that very happy with the power and VERY happy with brake wear. Engine runs strong as it should. I'm glad to see you've faired better than me, but I'm also glad I'm doing better than some other posts I've seen on here. I also, put the worst case scenario in my mind when I hear every little creak.

However, ladies and gentleman, you may be losing me to the Ford camp if the numbers work out. I think right now they have a better package deal than the Dak's and I could use a little more room with the carseat and a growing toddler. F-150 Supercrew called my name this weekend. If they can't work me a payment I'm happy with I'll be around for a while, but who knows. I'm very glad to be a part of this forum.

Quick Reply: 104000 miles