3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Sensor before throttle body(3.7)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 04:32 PM
nickxrx
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensor before throttle body(3.7)

I have already removed my stock airbox and placed a cone filter on the intake. However, I want to remove the big box that leads into the throttle body. But there is this lone sensor in my way. What exactly is this and how important is it?Thanks

Old 03-11-2011, 06:03 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its the air intake temp sensor, drill a hole in the ner intake and install it with a rubber grommet

Old 03-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Deer Hunter
Veteran

that would be your IAT sensor (intake air tempurature). the computer uses the air temp to figure the air/fuel ratio (warmer air, the computer pumps more fuel). needs to be there. if you're replacing box with a CAI (cold air induction), the air tube should already have a hole and grommet. if you're making your own tube, use the grommet that is mounted on the box. pull out the grommet and measure the hole size so you know how big to drill your own hole. sensor comes out by rotating left while pulling, in by rotating right while pushing. be gental, sensor is delicate.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:43 PM
nickxrx
Amateur

Thanks

Quick Reply: Sensor before throttle body(3.7)