3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

The Slimmest LED Dome Light on the Market

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 AM
dodgedkota08
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Slimmest LED Dome Light on the Market

If anyone is looking for better dome lighting check this site out.http://www.oznium.com/thin-led-domelight I bought one of these for my FJ back when I had it and the lighting was awesome. I bought the blue for my FJ and one night I was driving down the highway and flipped on my dome light to look for something and I had people breaking and pulling over because they thought I was a cop. It's a good upgrade for $25

Old 04-13-2011, 10:55 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

I've got blue dome, map lights and under dash lights. be careful who you try to light up...never know if it's an undercover cop.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
rengnath
Champion

I know a guy that is associated with Oznium and they definitely back up their stuff. I haven't ordered anything from them though.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:49 PM
dodgedkota08
Rookie

The thing is that I didnt mean too I was just looking for something in my console. I have a friend who was a town cop here in VT and she told me that you cant get in trouble for interior light colors like blue or red. I like the look of the under the dash lights, how do you change them? Sorry but what are the map lights for again?

Old 04-13-2011, 12:56 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgedkota08
I like the look of the under the dash lights, how do you change them? Sorry but what are the map lights for again?
the under dash lights are LED light strips (12 LED's each) that I have wired into the door switch so they come on when the door is opened. The map lights are in the overhead console.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:52 AM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some cheap Blue LED Dome lights, they where like $3-4 a Set of 2, They work great and are very bright. Simple remove old bulbs stick these in angle them, and done. I also did the same thing jkeaton did with 12v LED Strip floor lights, mine are tied into the Dash accent light by the cup holder so they are on when the markers/headlights are, But I might change it.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:09 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jkeaton, i have those under the dash light strips as well except mine are red. how did you wire them to the door switch? i used a fuse tap on the fuse for the headlights and thought they would come on then but i still have to power them up with the remotes on/off button..

Quick Reply: The Slimmest LED Dome Light on the Market