3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

IPCW all black tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:44 PM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAdassR/T
Hey bro, I gotta know...Did you do all those mods yourself, or did some come with the truck the way it is? Also, i have been searching high and low for a grill to replace the plastic inserts in mine and yours is exactly what I am looking for. If you bought it or made it, I would love some details so I could do the same. Thanks man!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:01 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most of it was done by me, only real things that werent were the install of the new seat upholstery, i bought it took it to a upholstery shop they installed, rollpan i installed, basically everything but seats, the grills were hand made by a guy on another forum, its a one off deal. i dont see any real problem of making it as long as you can get yourself some SS grills.. mostly really bending and shaping. the truck is a "true" R/T package truck, the hood scoop came with it, and the stripes.. the seats did have R/t on the headrests, as so does in the dash. thanks everyone truck does need some attention im pretty sure im on the same path as Eimer123 with the steering rack. but o well...

Old 05-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BAdassR/T
most of it was done by me, only real things that werent were the install of the new seat upholstery, i bought it took it to a upholstery shop they installed, rollpan i installed, basically everything but seats, the grills were hand made by a guy on another forum, its a one off deal. i dont see any real problem of making it as long as you can get yourself some SS grills.. mostly really bending and shaping. the truck is a "true" R/T package truck, the hood scoop came with it, and the stripes.. the seats did have R/t on the headrests, as so does in the dash. thanks everyone truck does need some attention im pretty sure im on the same path as Eimer123 with the steering rack. but o well...
I feel your pain on the rack if that is true... I was so sick of fighting the truck on a simple 4 min drive to work, not to mention the awaited death on the highway no knowing which way it was going to go. Now that the new rack is in, it is like driving a brand new truck!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:45 PM
rengnath
Champion

My new shaft didnt fix the click in my wheel ..... if my rack is going bad, I will blow my truck up.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh bobby... lol I have probably spent more money of replacing parts that have gone bad than anyone else. The entire front suspension of my truck has been replaced piece by piece over the last year.

Do not blow your truck up... we can just have a demolition derby with each other, drive them into the lake, report them stolen, collect the insurance and put a down payment on some nice diesel Rams. :-)

Old 05-02-2011, 10:58 PM
rengnath
Champion

I might have to do a Powerstroke since Ram quality just isnt there 100% IMO. I really want a Ford SVT Raptor, but it costs just as much as a diesel.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

That is a nice R/T!!!!

Quick Reply: IPCW all black tail lights