3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

OEM radio?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Supra
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, still can put all the mp3 on a DVD :P

Old 07-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you can store your mp3's on the sd card...I actually like that idea better than a hdd.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Supra
Rookie

i think im gonna go crazy with the credit card tonight!

i saw somewhere in the forum that somebody add the volume control button behind the sterring wheel but can't find the post

Last edited by Supra; 07-03-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain

I added the controls to the steering wheel, but did not get them to work as I have an open canbus circuit somewhere (have not had the time to fix it yet).

wileecoyote added them and got it to work perfectly doing it the exact same way I did it.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by italiandominator
Is this too goo to be true? I was debating on getting a MyGig. My hold ups were that I'd have to mess with my radio bezel and the mounts just to get it to fit, but on top of that, I heard that I'd have to get a handful of accessories to get it to do all I'd want it to..
You only need to cut the bezel, it slides right in and screws into the same mounts as the stock radio does. Other than the bezel modification (and the adapter needed if you're 05-07) it's a dead simple install.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:56 PM
rengnath
Champion

Another guy on the forum had this radio. I think the guy from England. If you find the username (I think it was richard .... something), you can just search his old posts. Its made by a company out of China. He was having some issues due to wiring I believe, and we talked about it in a few posts. In that thread, there is the manufacturer name and a link to the website as well.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:04 PM
rengnath
Champion
Old 07-05-2011, 04:15 PM
italiandominator
All Star

Originally Posted by Altair
You only need to cut the bezel, it slides right in and screws into the same mounts as the stock radio does. Other than the bezel modification (and the adapter needed if you're 05-07) it's a dead simple install.
Thanks for the input man. If it mounts the same and just need to cut the bezel that might not be that bad. That being said, I've seen several posts on ebay and other sites for MyGigs (refurbished and used) goin for $500-700.

I'm sure that the MyGig probably has more features than this one does, but so far this one looks like it would do all the that I want, and the other features really don't matter to me.

The fact that this is supposed to come with all the cables and iPod connectors is also a real turn on. So, if I can get this thing for $50-100 less than a MyGig, and it's not a POS, then I'll probably take it. Just need to see some reviews.

Now I just need to sell a few more things on craiglist, cuz I told myself the only way I'll do it, is if I can sell enough junk out of my basement to pay for it.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:26 PM
italiandominator
All Star

So has any of you decided to get this thing and try it out yet?

Still selling a few things on craigslist. If I make enough and order this radio I'll let yall know.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Here you can see the MyGig in with the screws in the stock location. (Ignore the white bar at the bottom, my phone camera freaked out for some reason)

(click for the full size)

Quick Reply: OEM radio?