3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Manual Boost Controller

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 03:30 PM
remme
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual Boost Controller

This is in regards to the distance the mbc can be from the wastegate:
The turbo is mounted just in front of the rear pass. side tire. I was wondering if I could run the rubber hose from the turbo nipple into my cab to a ball&spring boost controller and then back to the wastegate. Talking probably a total of 14' of hosing. Will this amount of hose effect the accuracy of the boost controller and will this set up be less effective than if I just mounted it right next to the wastegate beneath the truck? I have no problem mounting it underneath the truck Tte reason being is simply ease of operation. It will be way easier to dial the boost psi in if the M.B.C. was in the cab with me within reach, rather than having to stop, get out, go underneath the truck, turn the ****, get back in the truck, drive, stop, get out of the truck, etc etc. Thanks....

Old 07-22-2011, 04:21 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 07-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Six_Shooter
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over that distance I would run as much hardline as possible. You can run the hardline along the frame rail from the back of the truck to the front and then soft line from there.

I like to use brake tube for hardlines for vacuum and boost.

Quick Reply: Manual Boost Controller