3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

pcv valve location

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:55 AM
artworks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you tell me how you did this conversion? Is there a kit available? Do we need more parts? How do you unable the one in the neck? We just bought an 05 Dakota and I think the PCV is part of the problems. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:09 PM
artworks
Default changing PCV

I'm new to this so please cut me some slack. I'd like more info on changing the PCV from oil filler neck to rear intake. Does it require add'l parts other than different PCV? Is there a kit to do it? How do you plug the one in the oil filler neck? We just bought an 05 Dakota QC so I may be asking several dumb questions here. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:39 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Welcom to DF! I think Dave made up his own conversion to move the PCV valve from the oil filler neck to the block. He is no longer on here so maybe someone else will chime in. Mines been in the filler neck since day one and I have not had any issues with it. I just replaced it at 60k and it still rattled like it is supposed to.

Last edited by jkeaton; 01-05-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
erau
Veteran
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Mines been in the filler neck since day one and I have not had any issues with it. I just replaced it at 60k and it still rattled like it is supposed to.
Ditto. Easy to replace and cheap.

If you think yours is causing a problem, have you changed it yet to see if it's the culprit?

Old 01-05-2012, 03:30 PM
artworks
Default pcv

In the process of changing now. Always do cheapest and easiest first. Just didnt know what was involved to do the change vs replacement. Thanks for the info and the welcome. This is our first Dakota. Looking forward to getting info from all of you in the future. Think we'll try the OTIS console install next.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:52 PM
David Dakota

Can someone tell me exactly where the tube for this runs to behind the motor? I accidentally pulled it loose when i was changing the back spark plug.

Quick Reply: pcv valve location