3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Hey guys, im back with a new truck!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 PM
kbond
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all you gotta do is remove that yamahahahaha sticker and slap a nice big skidoo sticker on it and your set!

Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 PM
muddinbill
Rookie

Originally Posted by KS Cowboy
Nice lookin truck! 06 was a good year for dakotas, as i have had 2 of my own!

How is the air suspension? How did they mount the bags and air controlls?
I can take pics of the air bags if you want and put them up. i believe they were installed on a custom bracket on top of the leaf springs, i havent really been able to take a good look yet at it but the controls are nothing special, just has two air nozzles that are mounted on the bumper on either side of the rear license plate you have to fill them up with a compressor as there is no mechanical compressor attached to the motor or anything like that. i can take pics of that too if you want.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:46 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Nice looking truck!!

Originally Posted by kbond
all you gotta do is remove that yamahahahaha sticker and slap a nice big skidoo sticker on it and your set!
Yea Buddy

Originally Posted by muddinbill
I can take pics of the air bags if you want and put them up. i believe they were installed on a custom bracket on top of the leaf springs, i havent really been able to take a good look yet at it but the controls are nothing special, just has two air nozzles that are mounted on the bumper on either side of the rear license plate you have to fill them up with a compressor as there is no mechanical compressor attached to the motor or anything like that. i can take pics of that too if you want.
I would also like to see pics of the airbags, if you want to upload them that is lol

Old 10-27-2011, 10:39 AM
muddinbill
Rookie

Originally Posted by Backwoods18
Nice looking truck!!

Yea Buddy

I would also like to see pics of the airbags, if you want to upload them that is lol

yeah ill do it, it may take me a few days to get them up its pretty shatty and rainy here today.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice find man! Looks awesome!

I was thinking more like Arctic Cat!

Old 10-27-2011, 10:52 AM
kbond
Professional

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Nice find man! Looks awesome!

I was thinking more like Arctic Cat!
you gotta love arctic cats! haha. they dont even want you to start the new sleds because of the fear of loose rivits being in the airbox getting sucked into the carbs, and wrecking the blocks. dooo for life!

Old 10-27-2011, 11:38 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

you gotta love arctic cats! haha. they dont even want you to start the new sleds because of the fear of loose rivits being in the airbox getting sucked into the carbs, and wrecking the blocks. dooo for life!
Not to thread jack, but I haven't really kept up on that industry lately for one being we really havent had snow and my sleds been sitting up at my parents and the truck and harley have taken priority...sounds like someone was drunk at the riveter anyways, lol

Old 10-28-2011, 09:41 AM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

Heck ya dude, If you dont mind, when ya get a chance Id appreciate it!

My dad has air bags on his 03 and he is fixin to get rid of it, and he will remove the bags off of it and give them to me, and i am tryin to figure out a good way to mount them to my truck. I have seen the way that you have to air them up, but i was plannin on putin a remote air compressor and tank on the truck. or even mount a compressor to the motor, but i really dont like that idea...unless i get that diesel motor that i am wanting, and it will be integrated: http://cumminsengines.com/every/applications/light_commercial/isf38_lcv.page?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:43 PM
muddinbill
Rookie

Ok so here it is guys, It looks like it came with two mounting brackets here and was mounted between the top bracket sticking out of the frame and leaf springs. You can see the top bracket that wraps around the top of the frame and bolts to the frame. the bottom bracket looks like it goes under U-bolts and on top of the leaf springs. The air hose comes off the top and is mounted on the bumper on either side of the license plate to fill the bags.

IMG_20111101_160633.jpg
IMG_20111101_160527.jpg
IMG_20111101_160549.jpg
IMG_20111101_160641.jpg

Quick Reply: Hey guys, im back with a new truck!