3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

BAJA Style

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Humpty_Hump13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAJA Style

I want to mimic the baja style as far as lift and tires and bull guard, issue is I dont have 4x4 just 2wd. So not planning on off roading but I just like the look but dont want to look stooopid. Anyone seen this on any dakotas and can anyone point me in a parts and cost direction ?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:41 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

actually, baja trophy trucks are 2wd. so your ahead of the game already. im building my long travel "baja" kit right now. for fenders, suspension, tires, shocks and coils. your looking to spend more than your truck blue books for.

if you just want the look. get some fiberglass fenders, a tube front bumper, and some wheel spacers in the front only, and a leveling spacer.

but dont be bothered when people start calling you disco. to do it right you need money. and theres no parts out so you have to go custom.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Humpty_Hump13

what lift and tires do i need? I seen a custom baja chevy truck and it was awesome. so i will customize it

Old 10-27-2011, 06:52 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Humpty_Hump13
what lift and tires do i need? I seen a custom baja chevy truck and it was awesome. so i will customize it
well....ummm. trophy trucks dont have "lift kits" and there are no lift kits for our trucks. so for now you could just get a 2" leveling spacer. and for tires. get what you can afford. trophy trucks run General Red Letters and BFG Baja Projects.

visit my facebook page to see the tires, fiberglass fenders, etc.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

The only truck that came close is the actual baja 1000 raider that was built. it doesnt have long travel but features bypass shocks and full cage and the works.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Blaze10
Record Breaker

yeah "pre runners" there are a couple 2nd gen guys that bought the long travel kit. so if you wanna go look over there they are starting some threads

Quick Reply: BAJA Style