3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Bfg rugged terrain

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bfg rugged terrain

Anyone have this on there truck? I'm looking to buy them in the next month when I put my lift and everything is done. They look nice but I want an overall opinion. Any input would be great. Eventually I'll be down sizing on the rims and get some type of mt tire . But for now I'm in a hole with all the other stuff I bought. Also if anyone has suggestions on a at tire for 20s at a 275-55-20

Old 10-27-2011, 02:29 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I've never seen those in person, look good in pics I've seen.

I love the Cooper Zeon LTZ, looks great and perform great. And they come in your size.

100_1029.jpg

Old 10-27-2011, 05:33 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

Let me ask you of you use them in the horrible snow we had last year in new jeresy? I'm looking for an answer to snow, and a nice agressive tread

Old 10-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Bajabob
Rookie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had them for about 6000 miles. They are quiet on the highway and handle well off-road in the local deserts and yes they look good on the truck.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Cali01dak
Professional

i havent seen any of those tires on a truck yet but the in the pics ive seen I say they look nice and go for it!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:15 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by BAdassR/T
Let me ask you of you use them in the horrible snow we had last year in new jeresy? I'm looking for an answer to snow, and a nice agressive tread
I never used them in the snow. I take these wheels off for the winter, but I would use them in the snow for sure. I've read a lot of reviews on forums and not that many complaints about them. Look in the 3rd and 4th Gen Ram sections, those guys say they do good in the snow.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:03 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

yeah im just trying to find the best snow/all around tire for my truck. kinda hard when your limited with the rims.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:09 PM
ericemery
Retired Administrator
Hall of Fame Member

The thing about snow tires is the tread pattern and compound. snow tires are really soft. Most A/T tires are harder.

what about finding a set of stealies and some cheap snow tires? winterforce by firestone are pretty cheap, and they get around real good. studdable also.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:21 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ericemery
The thing about snow tires is the tread pattern and compound. snow tires are really soft. Most A/T tires are harder.

what about finding a set of stealies and some cheap snow tires? winterforce by firestone are pretty cheap, and they get around real good. studdable also.
yeah i thought about that but it really doesnt matter i hardly drive the truck, only on weekends really. trying to find the best tire / most all around, plus want something that isnt going to look small on a some what lifted truck.

ive been driving summer tires in horrible winters here in NJ, i really dont want to be stuck again like last year. mostly want to be able to plow right through small snow hills. not get stuck.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Racinartist
All Star

My TRX4 came with Rugged Trails from the factory. They were the older tread pattern (the new ones changed slightly). Personally, I hated them. They had a decent look to them, but were shot in less than 28,000 miles. They seemed pretty grippy in dry and wet conditions but suuuucked in the snow. And my truck is AWD! Just my opinion though.

Quick Reply: Bfg rugged terrain