3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Exhaust Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:57 PM
varnerhba
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the lest exhaust, the lest rust hah

Old 01-23-2012, 09:35 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
MBRP makes an awesome exhaust! I did the t304 kit, and other than having to loosen the clamps and adjust it a little after 1000 miles or so (the pipes must have warped a little with the heat), Ive never had to touch it again. Fits perfect, and sounds awesome.
I've been eyeing the T409 kit

Originally Posted by Backwoods18
Billy, I just commented on your FB status. My good friend growing up moved down your way, (harrisburg (sp?)) he took his chevy to Murphy's Automotive for a complete and custom Magnaflow, they do flowmaster too. Hope this helps man...
Yeah thx man. Calling them tomorrow to check em out. It was a huge help.

My one buddy might hook me up too as you can see

Originally Posted by ericemery
Billy, just get on Summit and buy yourself a nice muffler, and have a shop weld it in. they are quoting you an entire system. you dont need an entire system. you just need to cut out the spot with the hole and have it replaced.

I would go with borla if it was me.
Eric you know my options and your roll. I actually have another Pro muffler sitting in the backseat...

Originally Posted by thunder98110
just dump it under the cab with a spintech cat and a dynomax racebullet. thats what i did anyways
That's a possibility just dumping my current setup at the axle

Originally Posted by FrenicX
Where is your rust anyways? I have a repair to make before the Y-pipe on the drivers side pipe, water flows to this point and drips off and that's where the rust is, kind like what happens to the oil-pan.
It was in front of the rear wheel at the hanger

Originally Posted by Dakkkota
i have dynomax over axles tailpipes with dual in dual out muffler with custom aluminized steel front...no rust yet on exhaust..some on muffler.
I thought about that setup with my pro, but I am leaning forwards the single out style

Thx for all input guys.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throw in another vote for MBRP, still loving mine.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your hole is where the hanger was welded to the pipe then just align the hanger back over the hole, put some of the exhaust glue/cement on it, and then use an angled clamp to hold the hanger onto the pipe. I don't know if this is your situation or if what I just said makes any sense to you guys but..I had a hole right after the muffler because my hanger snapped off of the pipe. Patched it up as I just described and I no longer have a leak or a dancing tailpipe

Old 01-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Yeah thx man. Calling them tomorrow to check em out. It was a huge help.

My one buddy might hook me up too as you can see
No problem. Good luck in what ever you do. Can't wait to see the outcome

Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by Altair
Throw in another vote for MBRP, still loving mine.
haha I figured... I am hesitant about it being loud enough. I love the sound of my Pro.

Originally Posted by 06Dak4.7Silver
If your hole is where the hanger was welded to the pipe then just align the hanger back over the hole, put some of the exhaust glue/cement on it, and then use an angled clamp to hold the hanger onto the pipe. I don't know if this is your situation or if what I just said makes any sense to you guys but..I had a hole right after the muffler because my hanger snapped off of the pipe. Patched it up as I just described and I no longer have a leak or a dancing tailpipe
Yeah thats the issue, I may just replace a section, get a different hanger, and run this exhaust till its totally beat then move to a kit.

Originally Posted by Backwoods18
No problem. Good luck in what ever you do. Can't wait to see the outcome
Yeah I am think I may to run this exhaust into the ground... literally

Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

SOOOO, last night I went into repair mode, which lasted all of 5 minutes before I was shutdown... in the process of reattching a hanger, I noticed a very bad issue. Remember the "crack" I thought was just porosity in a weld (from my failed inspection thread)? Yeah! I found it last night, only it had grown nearly 100 times its original length. The crack is through the muffler housing surrounding the outlet pipe... the pro muffler is pretty much junk at this point and the crack isnt worth the hassle in fixing. I didnt fix the hole in the piping nor the crack lastnight. This setup is two far gone IMO. I returned the $30 bucks worth of repair ammunition and the new Pro Series Muffler, I have a better idea... and you all are going to have to wait and see what I do!

Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 PM
rengnath
Champion

SOOOO, last night I went into repair mode, which lasted all of 5 minutes before I was shutdown... in the process of reattching a hanger, I noticed a very bad issue. Remember the "crack" I thought was just porosity in a weld (from my failed inspection thread)? Yeah! I found it last night, only it had grown nearly 100 times its original length. The crack is through the muffler housing surrounding the outlet pipe... the pro muffler is pretty much junk at this point and the crack isnt worth the hassle in fixing. I didnt fix the hole in the piping nor the crack lastnight. This setup is two far gone IMO. I returned the $30 bucks worth of repair ammunition and the new Pro Series Muffler, I have a better idea... and you all are going to have to wait and see what I do!
I say you do open headers!

Old 01-25-2012, 09:44 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Cutouts, may have been ordered...

Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Cutouts, may have been ordered...
"So sick" "what did you say??" "I said SO SICK!!" ha ha. Really, I can't wait to see what you're doing lol

Quick Reply: Exhaust Kit