3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

finally the exhaust is on

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
tfraysie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good. where did you get yours from and how much did it run, if you don't mind me asking.

Old 02-12-2012, 06:18 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by norma jean
but cannons are badass, aren't they?!
well, yeah...i guess they are...lol

Old 02-13-2012, 04:49 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by norma jean
but cannons are badass, aren't they?!
haha yes they are

Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 AM
norma jean
Captain

Originally Posted by tfraysie
looks good. where did you get yours from and how much did it run, if you don't mind me asking.
when i bought it 2 1/2 years ago, it was 374 with free shipping. it rusted away and it was just replaced. i looked this morning and it doesnt even look like they carry the part anymore

Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ODXBeef
I have a feeling thats how I am going to wind up doing my exhaust just have a single in dual out magnaflow with two turndowns right at the back of the cab.
Leaving the exhaust exit underneath the vehicle where the gases can gather is considered a safety hazard in many areas. Before doing that, I'd check with the local transport authority as well as your insurance agent. The exhaust rules are pretty tight up north here - I know a "jeeper" that got a ticket for close to $150 for having his twin pipes (V8) on a YJ (old wrangler) exiting just behind the doors instead of behind the back wheel. He could also have been left on the side of the road & had the jeep hauled off to an impound yard.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smitty21
i would say paint them black if you r going to leave them sticking out like that. if not shorten them up or dump them behind the bumper.... i have the gibson sweept side and i shortened mine up too. tuck it underneathe the truck for a etter look
If you do paint them get something with a higher heat tolerance than your typical engine enamel. I tried that route before and it didn't last long at all.

Originally Posted by Alfons
Leaving the exhaust exit underneath the vehicle where the gases can gather is considered a safety hazard in many areas. Before doing that, I'd check with the local transport authority as well as your insurance agent. The exhaust rules are pretty tight up north here - I know a "jeeper" that got a ticket for close to $150 for having his twin pipes (V8) on a YJ (old wrangler) exiting just behind the doors instead of behind the back wheel. He could also have been left on the side of the road & had the jeep hauled off to an impound yard.
Many states require that your exhaust exits behind the passenger compartment which is probably why your friend got the ticket. With a pickup we have it easier, it just has to end somewhere behind the cab. That said check your local laws, IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer).

Old 02-13-2012, 09:29 PM
norma jean
Captain

Originally Posted by Altair
If you do paint them get something with a higher heat tolerance than your typical engine enamel. I tried that route before and it didn't last long at all.
i actually painted my old set with that duplicolor black chrome stuff, i didnt have a problem with melting, it just didnt adhere well, and once one part came off, i could literally pick it off with my finger nail. I am gonna bring them to a shop and have them painted, or whatever their gonna do, they told me to call wednesday

Quick Reply: finally the exhaust is on