3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Replacing Bed with longer bed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Klobakar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Bed with longer bed?

Was wondering on if it'd be possible to put a regular 6ft box on a quadcab? Would it work out without any problems?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:53 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To do this correctly, you would need to extend the frame, driveshaft, fuel lines, brake lines, electrical, and shove the axle back. Or, you could get crafty with a rotozip and elongate the wheel wells. Are you aiming for the "balling out of control" stretch limo?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Klobakar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basc that look yea, how'd you know? haha. Was just curious.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:33 AM
EVguy
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Klobakar
Was wondering on if it'd be possible to put a regular 6ft box on a quadcab? Would it work out without any problems?
I was looking at this as well. Sort of the next step after the Cummins. Was going to go with the 6 foot box and bump out the fenders for dualley's.
I think the back of the cab is at an angle on the quad cabs and the extended cab trucks have a squared back of the cab?
Would make fitting a box difficult unless you took the front of a short box and grafted it to the back of the regular box.

BFN
Randy

Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EVguy
I was looking at this as well. Sort of the next step after the Cummins. Was going to go with the 6 foot box and bump out the fenders for dualley's.
I think the back of the cab is at an angle on the quad cabs and the extended cab trucks have a squared back of the cab?
Would make fitting a box difficult unless you took the front of a short box and grafted it to the back of the regular box.

BFN
Randy
I believe your right, My Box is Straight Across, The Sides and flush with the Front Not Humps or anything

Quick Reply: Replacing Bed with longer bed?