3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Seat cushion cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:13 PM
sdsdsd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat cushion cover

Has anyone changed their front seat cushion cover with a new factory cover yet?
2005 Quad cab

Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Robk1971
Professional

I haven't changed mine but want to because one is cut (was like that when I bought the truck used). Not sure what you need to know, but I have had all my seats apart down to the frames to clean the covers and I can say they are the easiest seats I've ever taken apart. The days of the hog rings are long gone! After doing it once, I could pull a seat and take it apart in much less than an hour. Taking the cover of the headrest was a bit of a witch because of the tight fit, but still not bad.

I got a quote from the dealer once for both covers (backrest and seat cover), and if I remember right it would cost around $600.00 to recover each seat.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:23 AM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look on craigslist or a junkyard, most of them will fit from different years. I was able to get the leather seats from a laramie, after I stripped everything down...the frame and cusion were exactly the same, only difference was the covers.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Reject
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Robk1971
I haven't changed mine but want to because one is cut (was like that when I bought the truck used). Not sure what you need to know, but I have had all my seats apart down to the frames to clean the covers and I can say they are the easiest seats I've ever taken apart. The days of the hog rings are long gone! After doing it once, I could pull a seat and take it apart in much less than an hour. Taking the cover of the headrest was a bit of a witch because of the tight fit, but still not bad.

I got a quote from the dealer once for both covers (backrest and seat cover), and if I remember right it would cost around $600.00 to recover each seat.
Wow I can get my whole front redone, custom, for $600ish, And that includes the center jumpseat
I got a quote as I wanted to get mine redone in Black/Blue Stitching as my Pass. Seat has a tear in it (Small)

Old 03-28-2012, 09:01 PM
EliteTempleton
Veteran
Question

Originally Posted by italiandominator
Look on craigslist or a junkyard, most of them will fit from different years. I was able to get the leather seats from a laramie, after I stripped everything down...the frame and cusion were exactly the same, only difference was the covers.
Are those heated too? !

Old 03-29-2012, 04:26 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

Yes I change my left seat cover and foam bolster. I have the crappy factory Laramie leather seats. It is quite easy to change the bottom seat cover and cushion. The seat comes out with four seat frame to floor bolts. Unplug the power seat wire/heated seat wire and the seatbelt senor wire. No special tools needed just some carful removals and install separating the clips that hold the covers on. It took me about just over an hour to do.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:57 AM
italiandominator
All Star

Originally Posted by EliteTempleton
Are those heated too? !

Yeah the ones I got came with the heater elements attached to the cushion...thing is you need the wiring harness and switch to use them, not cheap from the dealer, so hopefully I can find a junked dodge vehicle that has them.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
sdsdsd
Captain

Thanks for the info, ordered the lower seat cover from
http://www.mmaautoparts.com/nsearch....30495101927010

$118.00 plus shipping. It was $166.00 @ dealer

Quick Reply: Seat cushion cover