3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

If this doesn't fix the squeak I dunno what will.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:39 AM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokie John
I thought the greasable Moog problem solver front end parts were the best available? What parts would be better to use?
I've never had a problem with Moog, and that's all my front end consists of now. But then again, I don't push my truck to the farthest possible limit

If you're just building your truck for road use and an occasional offroad adventure, I think Moog is just fine.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:07 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

moogs are just fine for what you guys are doing.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:17 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker

I might have to give sway bar end links and the bushings a try for my squeak..cheapest partswise and those parts are junk anyways

Old 04-05-2012, 07:51 PM
damyankee84
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my upper control arms, swaybar bushing and end links today, so I will probably tackle that job on monday. Then I'll move on to the tierods and lower ball joints.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Holbrook.Jeremy
Those spare bushings are further proof that I'm an idiot, I didn't read close enough on rockauto and thought they were for the lower arm (Also thought they were sold in pairs). All the sway bar stuff is coming but the "squeak" in the front end is metallic sounding so I'm assuming/hoping ball joint. projektdirtfab I simply couldn't afford your setup when ordering everything, I just had to replace the transmission and still have this infuriating squeak to deal with. Unless I can get the setup rent-a-center style!
When my Lower Ball Joints went, It was a Thunking sound I had. At first I thought it was the Sway-Bar links again. Untill I took it in to be looked at, and was also told the inspection was up 2 days later, Well then it got more costly lol

Old 04-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Holbrook.Jeremy
Professional

I am hoping my sway bar bushings and end links arrive today so I can tackle just about everything in the front end this weekend. That way I will officially have no idea what it was making the noise. I'm very disappointed in dodge for the configuration of the lower arm, why they decided to make replacing the lower arm necessary to replace the bushings I dunno. Probably the same braniac that decided it was a great idea to make the upper ball joints unchangeable unless you replace the whole upper arm.

Quick Reply: If this doesn't fix the squeak I dunno what will.