3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Front end rattle noise found.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Lineguy19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end rattle noise found.

I have a 06 Kota club cab 4.7 with a DS 2" leveling kit and 2 inch rear blocks. Every time I hear a front end noise I always assume the worst. Well last week it sounded like a metal rattle like my links were bad again. It had only been a couple months since I changed them. My mechanic who is great had the truck for 3 days and this is what he said. He said the kit and blocks are not causing any damage some angle are a little off but nothing crazy so I asked what the problem was and he said. I have read a lot of threads about this noise And hope this helps a lot of you guys out. Your brake pedal! Check to see if your brake pedal has a lot of play side to side. Every time I hit a bump my brake pedal would rattle so loud I thought it was a suspension problem. 28 bucks for a bushing kit at the dealer I have a wait about a week but that's what the problem was. Hope it's helps guys. This sounds just like your sway links where bad and rattling. While your driving use your left foot and brace the pedal if that's the problem you won't hear any rattle.

Ben

Old 05-17-2012, 12:53 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going to have to check this out, good find.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:51 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Yep changed mine out a year ago and took the slop right out of the pedal. Now if we could figure out what to do about the sloppy left bucket seat backs. I wrote to the manufacture if the seat frame that Dodge uses but they could care less and I knew that as I wrote them. I wonder just how much cash you need to drop for real honest quality. 28k certainly wasn’t enough.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by graythang
Yep changed mine out a year ago and took the slop right out of the pedal. Now if we could figure out what to do about the sloppy left bucket seat backs. I wrote to the manufacture if the seat frame that Dodge uses but they could care less and I knew that as I wrote them. I wonder just how much cash you need to drop for real honest quality. 28k certainly wasn’t enough.
My seats are perfect and I only had to drop 13k.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:05 AM
kbond
Professional

Originally Posted by graythang
So its not just me this happens too!? my trucks a 2010 and the drivers seat back moves back and forth about and inch? this is common!?

Old 05-21-2012, 09:47 AM
shiby3041
Amateur

I was actually wondering the exact same thing about my truck. I noticed it when I was cleaning one night and didnt think it seemed right to have that much left to right movement.

Good find! thanks!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:28 PM
gjmoran
Captain

hmmmmmmmm...i have play in my driver seat too..

Quick Reply: Front end rattle noise found.