3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

has anyone bought these lights yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:17 AM
KingsDodges
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone bought these lights yet?

ilike these lights has anyone tried them yet?
good or bad?

http://www.k2motor.com/05-07-dodge-d...og-lights.html

Old 05-22-2012, 08:01 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Theres a couple guys on here running them. The ones I put on my mustang were terrible (impossible to aim, light output terrible, etc) so I wont bother with them anymore.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
CanadaDak
Rookie

I got ones similar, theres a few diffrent styles you can choose from and personaly, i like mine the best, CCFL HAlO not much diffrent than yours, the halo rings around the lights are a wicked blue, looks deadly at night if you just have them on, but those ones your looking at are a white halo i believe, the LED bar on top, and the lights at the bottem are diffrent than mine cant say what they look like in person.. this is a cool deal with the free fog lights but chances are it will be more of a PITA to mount than its worth... anyways I love my CCFL halo projecters, i just really wanna find out how to change the bulbs to hids without any issues.. as if its not hard enough with the stock lights

Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Dragon05
Veteran

You mean like this.....Mine are fine, there was a film on the fronts that peeled off over the first few washes, but jt's fine now.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember blown287 was running those and he seemed to like them.
and i know a guy on youtube (briansmobile1) that was running a similar type on his 1999 era ram 2500 and they have been on his truck for a couple years

I would try them.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:32 AM
KingsDodges
Professional

Originally Posted by CanadaDak
I got ones similar, theres a few diffrent styles you can choose from and personaly, i like mine the best, CCFL HAlO not much diffrent than yours, the halo rings around the lights are a wicked blue, looks deadly at night if you just have them on, but those ones your looking at are a white halo i believe, the LED bar on top, and the lights at the bottem are diffrent than mine cant say what they look like in person.. this is a cool deal with the free fog lights but chances are it will be more of a PITA to mount than its worth... anyways I love my CCFL halo projecters, i just really wanna find out how to change the bulbs to hids without any issues.. as if its not hard enough with the stock lights
\
Where did you buy yours?

Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 AM
KingsDodges
Professional

Originally Posted by Dragon05
You mean like this.....Mine are fine, there was a film on the fronts that peeled off over the first few washes, but jt's fine now.
same set?
nice and bright?
good buy?

Old 05-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Dragon05
Veteran

Originally Posted by KingsDodges
same set?
nice and bright?
good buy?
They are similar, a little difficult to aim but I love them and the different look. Bought mine on ebay from K2, $180.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Moltenburn
Rookie

I am thinking about grabbing the K2 kit off ebay as well. He has one that includes Factory Fogs w/ all needed relays and swittches. Shipped for $187. I dont necessarily believe Mods like this are needed, but I want Fogs and my standard chrome head lights do truly blow in the looks department.

Here is the link and does anyone know how big a Pain in the a-s-s installing those fogs can be?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-08-DAKOTA...e8d42b&vxp=mtr

Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Dragon05
Veteran

Originally Posted by Moltenburn
I am thinking about grabbing the K2 kit off ebay as well. He has one that includes Factory Fogs w/ all needed relays and swittches. Shipped for $187. I dont necessarily believe Mods like this are needed, but I want Fogs and my standard chrome head lights do truly blow in the looks department.

Here is the link and does anyone know how big a Pain in the a-s-s installing those fogs can be?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-08-DAKOTA...e8d42b&vxp=mtr
Depends, if your bumper is already cut for them, then it's easy. If you have to cut the openings, then it's a little bigger of a job. Then if you don't already have the fogs then you'll have to visit a dealer to have them Starscan the computer to activate. You'll also need a switch.

Quick Reply: has anyone bought these lights yet?