3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

torque obd2

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 PM
skybox
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque obd2

Does anyone here use the torque obd2 program on there smart phone or tablet. I purchased the pro version for 5 dollars and bought the cheap bluetooth adapter off ebay for $20. Everything seems to work really well. i don't have any fault codes in the ecu. I enjoy using the 0-60 timer, torque, HP at the rear wheels, and other info that it will show you.

I've done a few trial runs on a flat straight stretch of highway and my best 0-60 time was about 11.1 seconds. My max HP calculation was 134.9 and max torque around 186.7, but i know these numbers are not perfectly accurate because i don't have the actual weight (just a curb weight that i found on google) of my truck set in my vehicle preferences which is needed to give an accurate calculation. Everything on the truck is stock except the fiberglass bed cover which should help improve my aerodynamics but adds some weight.

Has anyone with this setup seen similar performance numbers?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:59 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'v used it at school and it worked excellent! Really cool and definitely the best OBDII scanner for the money ($25) if you have a smartphone..I wonder just how accurate the power numbers are other than curb weight. I need to invest in one of those even though I already have a couple scanners

Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 PM
skybox
Amateur

I think at the very least it gives me a consistent measuring tool that i can use to make some before and after measurements of performance gains and losses. I want to change tranny fluid to a high quality synthetic like amsoil and see if that change in fluid affects my performance/rear wheel HP. Now atleast i have some way to measure any changes and not just go by a feeling that I think I have more power or better fuel economy.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:58 AM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by skybox
I think at the very least it gives me a consistent measuring tool that i can use to make some before and after measurements of performance gains and losses. I want to change tranny fluid to a high quality synthetic like amsoil and see if that change in fluid affects my performance/rear wheel HP. Now atleast i have some way to measure any changes and not just go by a feeling that I think I have more power or better fuel economy.
Ahhh yes the "butt dyno." having real statistics is great, I'll second that one brother

Old 06-06-2012, 08:24 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

All my smart phone does is p!ss me off so I am reluctant to use it for something like this...lol

Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 AM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jkeaton
All my smart phone does is p!ss me off so I am reluctant to use it for something like this...lol
It's just a bluetooth connection and the app really does work well. I mean just the fact that any average Joe can spend $25 and try to diagnose their vehicle to save some money is pretty cool. And then all the live data is a bonus for real gearheads!

Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 PM
reagor
Professional

i have it and love it

my most used feature is the fuel level display
when the fuel light comes on you can watch your tank level
.1 = 2gal x 12mpg = 24miles to empty...saved me from panicing a few times i forgot to fill up before hitting the highway

its also nice because as long as i have my phone and truck i can read and clear friends CELs

the biggest drawback is remembering to take the bluetooth adapter out of the other vehicle after clearing the codes and testdrive

their interface needs some work though, that homescreen setup is horrible for usability/customizability

does anyone know any dakota specific obd2 PIDs (its in setting of the torque app)
be careful cause you can screw thigs up with the wrong info

other good apps are ACar(vehicle maint recording) and Pirelli Diablo Super Bike App(more for motorcycles but works well in cars and offroad w/ quads)

Old 06-06-2012, 11:38 PM
skybox
Amateur

Originally Posted by reagor
i have it and love it

my most used feature is the fuel level display
when the fuel light comes on you can watch your tank level
.1 = 2gal x 12mpg = 24miles to empty...saved me from panicing a few times i forgot to fill up before hitting the highway

its also nice because as long as i have my phone and truck i can read and clear friends CELs

the biggest drawback is remembering to take the bluetooth adapter out of the other vehicle after clearing the codes and testdrive

their interface needs some work though, that homescreen setup is horrible for usability/customizability

does anyone know any dakota specific obd2 PIDs (its in setting of the torque app)
be careful cause you can screw thigs up with the wrong info

other good apps are ACar(vehicle maint recording) and Pirelli Diablo Super Bike App(more for motorcycles but works well in cars and offroad w/ quads)
have you used the app to show you your 0-60 time,HP, and torque, and if so what were the results? Do you have any performance mods?

I do agree that the user interface could use a little improvement in the way you have to enter a menu before you can move your gauges where you want them, but that is the only annoying thing i find with the program, otherwise i still give it 4 stars. I really like all the information that is available with the program and alot of it I haven't used but can see where it will be useful in the future. For example I think many on this forum would find the intake air temp useful.

I also would like to see some more of the ecu pids made available. i'd especially like to see some transmission temperature displays.

Last edited by skybox; 06-06-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 AM
rapta619
Professional

love it but I want to know tranny temp, especially while towing

Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by rapta619
love it but I want to know tranny temp, especially while towing
You could just ask her....err...him...it??

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ve-tranny.html

The following users liked this post:
V8Cowboy (10-24-2021)

Quick Reply: torque obd2