3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Keep blowing CV boots

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Anthony Grego
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep blowing CV boots

so ever since i got my daystar 2" leveling kit on my 05 Dakota iv been blowing CV boots and therefore the CV axles are ruined when the grease spills out and water spills in.

anyone else have this issue at all or have any ideas if its the leveling kit or something else, its been on both sides now twice

Old 06-19-2012, 07:32 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Do you do a lot of offroading? Flexing the front end? I have the 2.5" kit and the only problem I had was one side the grease started coming out of the end of the boot, I put a hose clamp arouind it and it stopped. This was on an aftermarket CV axle. The OEM one has been fine., but I don't offroad.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Anthony Grego
Professional

nope not really any off roading, just keep blowing the boots, they just keep splitting open and blowing grease all over my frame and inner tire and everything.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:07 AM
sleds
Veteran

I've had my Daystar 2" kit on for a few years with some decent offroading and have never blown one. Weird that you would have problems. Is yours all wheel drive or 4x4?

Quick Reply: Keep blowing CV boots