3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Spyder Halo Projector Headlights vs. HID's

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 04:54 PM
gkates
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony Grego
well lets just put it this way, the 35W are bright through the projector, the 55W... you ever stare into the sun before? when i run highbeams standing in front of the truck and looking in the general area of the headlights is a bad idea for your eyes. throws a little heat too. i would suggest the 35w in the lows for the projector to not melt and 55w in the highs since its just a regular reflector design n not projector. u go with that and ill send you my wiring diagram to run all 4 at once when highbeams turn on. (kicks down on the dark time while the HID warms up)
This is prolly what I will do. The diagram would be well appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Moltenburn
Rookie

Originally Posted by gkates
Talked to the company and they said I can run hid's but they have to be 35 watt instead of 55 watt. No biggie. Got them for $103 brand new shipped with a one year warranty. Clearance on ebay hehe!!! Ill post a pic soon, getting rid of all the chrome on the truck. Just painted the grille surround red and it looks so much better then chrome lol
I went searching for this deal on ebay and found didly squat. Mind sharing your source? I want a set and $103 bones makes me a buyer. Appreciate ya hooking us all up.

thanks

Moltenburn

Old 07-01-2012, 12:51 PM
gkates
Professional

The seller that I bought it from was sociallightingusa. I just went on google shopping and typed in 07 dakota halo's and clicked sort by low to high price and they popped up lol Thats how I buy everything online. Always find good deals lol

Quick Reply: Spyder Halo Projector Headlights vs. HID's