3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

truck died and wont idle

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 05:18 PM
gjmoran
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is his original email:
September 26, 2012

Dear Gabriel,

Thank you for your recent business in our Service Department. I trust your experience was good and you were treated well. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us so we can make sure you are completely satisfied with Glenn E Thomas Dodge Chrysler Jeep.

We would greatly appreciate your feedback on either of the sites linked below. Thank you for choosing Glenn E. Thomas Dodge.

Sincerely,

Tom Bonnstetter
Adrian Grove
Service Manager
here is my reply:
not very impressed with your service department at all, all they have done is point their fingers at me and blame me for all of the problems i have been having with my truck, since i have a few after market parts on my truck like a bigger throttle body and exhaust. i finally gave up on you guys after the 4th time i broke down after coming to you guys 3 times. i broke down in the desert, bakersfield, burbank, and the last time right down the street from your shop thankfully. this is the last time i will ever visit your dealership for anything service or sales related. i ended up taking my truck to cerritos dodge and they have finally found some actual problems with the truck instead of pointing fingers at me. they are replacing my engine wiring harness due to bad wires which was causing shorts, and the pcm is being replaced due to the shorting wires damaging some components of the pcm. they have also located other issues/problems that needed to be addressed with my exhaust system such as a broken bolt in the cylinder head. all of this is covered under warranty and they are even waiving my deductible even when carmax didnt want to waive it since i had to pay you guys 50 bucks to fix nothing. so i will be leaving some feedback on the sites below but it will not be positive feedback.
he said he had replied to me within minutes but he just found out that their email server was down and called me today after resending the email.

but here is the reply

Gabriel,

I apologize that we did not correct your issue by performing the flash to your PCM. It is a big disappointment that one of my employees made you feel like it was your fault due to your add on parts. We have been in business for 103 years and value our customers; you have used our service department several times and you are a valued customer. I would like to offer you a refund for the $50.00 that did not correct your issue. Please let me know if you accept that offer. I hope the repairs that are being performed correct your vehicles issue. Again I apologize and hope we can help you with your vehicle needs in the future.

Thank you,
Tom
ive never had my *** kissed so much by someone before, it was awesome

Quick Reply: truck died and wont idle