3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

lights on dash board

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Zombifyd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lights on dash board

Ive been having a few problems recently. While I'm driving and say I stop short and hit the brakes kinda hard, my and and brake light come on and ice I release the brake and continue to go, they both turn off. I reset the battery and that didn't help any. And I can feel the rotor rubbing as I drive so obviously is fix that sooner or later but that usually never causes the lights to go on.
Second light is the seatbelt light. That started to go off as I was turning onto am offramp. Again I tried disconnecting the wires to the sensor and nothing changed, I disconnected the battery and nothing... So I am clueless.
Thanks for any input.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:40 PM
DIY05
Amateur

My seat belt switch has been bad for over 2 years the best thing to do with it is to bypass it. As for the brakes ether auto correct kicked in or you just don't make since. But if you have rotor grinding it is possible to have build up in your ABS sencor replace pads hardware and both rotors while wheel is off check the end of the wheel speed sensor clean of if necissery if problem persist take to oreilys they have a scanner that will pull abs codes.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Zombifyd
Professional

When you say auto correct, do you mean my abs kicking in, because I'm not stopping hard enough for it to kick in. And I will definitely take a look at the sensor if I can find it. Other wise I will be replacing pads and rotors in early november when I do my suspension (finally).
As far as bypassing the seat belt sensor, how do I go about doing so?

Thanks

Old 09-29-2012, 08:37 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Check the wiring going to the seat belt sensor under the seat. The geniuses at Chrysler ran the wiring over the seat track and it can get cut in two over time by the seat moving back and forth. My light came on one day thats what I found. I just shorted the wires together to get the light to go off and stuck it back under the seat. If your brake pads are worn, you may be low on fluid. Have you checked the brake fluid level?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Zombifyd
Professional

I have checked the wiring, but ill definitely get under there again and take a closer look at everything. As far as brakes go. I just changed the pads and a caliper back in December, but ill have to check the fluid and pads again.

Quick Reply: lights on dash board